ormiston college???

Guest london cabbie

Guest london cabbie

Hi

Does any body out there know anythig about ormiston college and what standard of education it is?.We have a 13 year old boy who is currently in a catholic school in london,we are not staunch catholics so thought we would try him in a private school in australia as we could not afford it here.

Ormiston college looks great and has every thing we think our son would need and like sports etc the problem is i cant find any information about the standard of education as a private school i would think its very good but the problem is would it be too good! would he struggle to keep up,would the standard blow his mind,its going to be hard enough as it is to settle/make new friends and start a new life i wouln't want him to be unhappy at school.

So if any body has kids there or knows about the school i would really like to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.....jamie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jamie

I've just done a search via Google Australia ad it would seem that you mean Ormiston College in QLD?

If it were me, I would ring them and give them a grilling. Apart from questioning HQ, I would ask how many expat kids go there and is there a Parents Assocation whom you could contact?

Cheers

Gill

Guest london cabbie

Hi gill

Thanks for your reply,yes its in ormiston near cleveland queensland good idea to phone them about ex pat kids in school,they have an open day on 18th august so we will time our trip out there to fit that in,would still like to hear from any parents with kids there!

Thanks again........Jamie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ozman30

Gday Mate,

On the Qld league tables, I believe Ormiston had 85% of its kids achieving OP 1-15. Pretty good if you consider that the top school in Qld had 90%.

Peter

Archived