any nurses here recruited through WA health?

Guest tandcmum

Guest tandcmum

I have my pre-interview consultation with them in a week and then i understand they hand my cv round to the hospitals and they will then contact me to do telephone interviews and offer me a job etc.

Just wondering how long everyone found that process took? and also how good have they been at communication etc with regards to letting you know how the process is going etc.

I have currently been offered a job in Cairns but am hanging on until I have had my WA health one before making a decision about where we go, however the communication with Cairns has not been great and i emailed them my references email adresses and also asked a couple of questions and just not heard anything back. I'm hoping WA health won't be like that but am i going to be say waiting weeks for anyone to get back t me afte the intial interview as i eally can't keep Cairns hanging on too long

thanks

xx

Guest David1805

Hi

Yes I have had a job offer from WA health. They have been excellent throughout. I have been delayed in my visa application process (for a variety of reasons) and they are keeping my job offer open for as long as I want.

Hope it all goes well

David

Guest tandcmum
Hi

Yes I have had a job offer from WA health. They have been excellent throughout. I have been delayed in my visa application process (for a variety of reasons) and they are keeping my job offer open for as long as I want.

Hope it all goes well

David

Hi

thanks for your help, did you go through the same procedure as me of having an inerview with WA health and then your info being passed to the various hospitals?

Guest David1805

Hi,

I had a telephone interview. When they phoned back they offered me a job in two areas. I have been over on a reccie and met them. Which was great. What are you considering doing?

David

Guest tandcmum

i have a face to face interview with them on the 23rd, it is classed as a pre interview consultation and they have said it is just to confirm you are a nurse, and to discuss visa sponsorship etc. then they will pass my details onto the hospitals and they will contact me directly to offer me jobs so i guess i might get the choice of a couple of areas.

we are just going to move over with no reccie, we can't really afford to splash out on a reccie and then move. We are not saying forever though we are looking on it as a working holiday and if we like it we stay. will probably have to go over on a 457 as i haven't got the working hours for the 175, unless i get offered an ENS visa.

Guest smogmonster

Can i but in here folks - did you register with the nursing board before applying for jobs, or just apply on the off chance of something coming up?

Guest tandcmum

I'm applying for jobs first because not sure for definate which area we are moving too. once i have a job offer theni will start all th registration process

Guest tandcmum
Hi,

I was offered the job with an ENS visa. I then applied to register over there

David

were they happy to offer you the ENS visa or did you have to fight for it. Also was it WA health that offered you that visa or the specific hospital you chose to work in?

What are you having to do for the ENS visa? do you have to get your skills assesses by anmc? also I'm not sure if i would be able to get that visa as i haven't worked full time or even over 20 hours per week for about 3 years now and it does say on the immi website you need to have worked full time for 3 years although occupations that are on the shortage list can be exempt from that

I was presuming we would have to go over on the 457 but when i spoke to WA health on the phone they did say about the PR visa then

Guest David1805

Hi,

The job offer is with the King Edward Memorial. They offered me an ENS121 PR Visa. At that stage I did not know much about Visa's (still don't really). Although I guessed it was a godd visa to have. I was not skills assessed. I was offered the job then joined that Nursing board over there. Who I obviously had to satisfy I was qualified. I have had to submit some paperwork to say that I have been working for three years using my nursing qualifications. I currently work in industry as a clinical trainer which requires me to have an up to date registration etc...

I have submitted all the paperwork without the use of an agent on WA's advice..... saved a small fortune I gather.

Thanks

David

Guest tandcmum

thanks for that, I've heard other nurses not needing a skills assessment done for the ENS visa. I have been working as a nurse for the past 12 years without a break just not full time since having the kids, i presume that is okay

Guest guest17301

Hi Suzanne,

I've found WA to be very good with communication and the opposite true of QLD health. I read in the paper today that Perth public hospitals are cutting jobs! but seems to be casual/agency where the jobs are going.

My aunt sent her CV last week to the ED dept at the Royal Perth and has an interview next week! Very quick.

I recommend Perth to you and hope your interview goes well- don't go to Cairns its always flooding up there!

Speak soon-still no internet at home so don't think I'm ignoring you! xx

There will always be full time jobs in the Govt Health Dept for Nurses. They are reducing the amount of agency nurse shifts but you'll never be out of work here. One guy in our team had his job held open for him for nearly two years until he sold his house/ sorted his visa etc.

Archived