My experience so far........Carpenters beware!!

wattswalkaboutgang

thats just also sense of humour no harm meant look up my thread plumbers in queensland were all after the same thing and weve been here 18 months not 6 weeks all were trying to do is help

lesley x

Hello snow white. I know you are trying to help and i know its all a bit of fun, Please dont take my post the wrong way. I appreciate your comments and i understand you have been here alot longer than me and your experiences are the same. We must all keep plugging away, i know we will all get there in the end. Thankyou for your ideas and thoughts, Good luck with it all, Mark

Guest simon from spain

I would just like to say that life sounds great, me and my family are living in Spain and are waiting for THAT email from our case officer.

I have been a bricklayer for 23 years and the paperwork alone just to get this far has been hardgoing to say the least, HOWEVER having lived somewhere for nearly 5 years now where anyone can move to and work as whatever they want, call themselves whatever they want and work without paying any social security!! I have to say that it sounds like at least they are in control of things.

I am not saying that having to do even more paperwork and spend even more money when we get the place we have dreamed of for 2 years is something I look forward to but at least I know that when someone says "I am a carpenter or I am a bricklayer" I will know that I am pricing against people who are exactly that.

Best of luck with everything, dont give up now and I'm sure once you have this hurdle sorted out you will forget all about it and just enjoy living your new IMPROVED llife.

:smile:

Guest brooksey
Thanks for your reply GreenPom, i did not know about the 'skilling solutions' department so i will be giving that a go. Many thanks for that. As for the Masters Builders charge of $660. That is no longer refundable because all the funds have apparently now run out and would you believe it. The charge has now gone upto $960.

Is that not just typical!! I am happy your husband steve has been successful with his license and i wish him all the best in his pursuit of work. If he gets too much, he can always put some my way, Cheers, Mark.:biggrin:

I recieved a phone call from fmb last week to tell me i'd just qualified with one day to spare to get my $660 back. If i'd just got here i don't think i would pay the $990.

If the work in Sheffield gets back to how it was a year or so ago i reckon that i could work 7 days a week for 3 months and then live on Gold Coast for the other 9 months without work. Thats an idea that apeals if and when it happens.:yes:

Guest snow white
Hello snow white. I know you are trying to help and i know its all a bit of fun, Please dont take my post the wrong way. I appreciate your comments and i understand you have been here alot longer than me and your experiences are the same. We must all keep plugging away, i know we will all get there in the end. Thankyou for your ideas and thoughts, Good luck with it all, Mark

hi mark,

yes i agree we must all keep plugging away , and i fully believe you along with many other tradies will get there in the end, wishing you all the best and hope somethng good comes out of all your hard work to set up a business, give me a shout if theres anything we can help you with

lesley x

Archived