New and need help on TRA/Pathways!!

Becki

Hi Everyone,

We're new to the site and hoping someone could some light on some things! My OH Jay is a Cook and we're looking at applying for a 176 visa for Perth state sponsorship. We are ready to set the wheels in motion but keep hearing contrasting info with regards to the Pathways!

Jay did a YTS training scheme full time for just under a year but he never completed it, he then worked for 5 years on a holiday camp doing commercial cookery working this way up from doing basics up to mains etc. He then went to college and completed his city & guilds 7061 which we have confirmation of 381 hours and certificates to prove it. He then did another 3 years in a kitchen before changing career for a few years, he has been back in the job now for a year and last year completed an NVQ2 whilst at work - this only took about 4 months. We are unsure whether we qualify for Pathway B as some are saying yes and some saying he needs to do an AQFIII which we can't really afford to do!

Sorry for rattling on but i wanted to give as much info as possible as i am pulling my hair out with what to do and going bog-eyed reading posts to no avail! Does the holiday camp training and working his way up count as part of the hours we need to make up 900? I'm so confused by it all :-(

Please help!

Thanks

Becki (24, Financial Advisor) & Jay (39, Cook)

Archived