Moving to Melbourne

Guest nejpinkett

Guest nejpinkett

:biggrin::biglaugh:Planning to move to the Mornington Penisula in August. Any suggestions on where to go. We have 2 children 5 & 8 so a good primary and secondary school important as don't want to move too much once there. Also anyone out there a secondary scholl teacher. what's it like for jobs and supply work. My husband and I are both teachers and have Victorian registration?

Any advice would be Fab!!

Natalie

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Natalie

There are some lovely places on the peninsula, although some will depend on where you are working and if you want a long commute. There is a great secondary school in Mt Eliza and Frankston South also isn't a bad school.

Good luck with the move.

Kate

Guest nejpinkett

Hi Kate

Do you happen to know a teaching agencies for supply teachers that operate in the Mornington Penisula, so I can contact them about relief teaching. My husband and I are both regisytered with Victorian institute of education. We really liked Mornington when we were in Australia this summer, but didn't go to Mt Eliza, does that have a shopping area etc. The primary and secondary school look better there for my kids? Any advice would be good

Cheers

Natalie

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Natalie

You could try these links for teaching agencies, some of them are not based on the Peninsula but do cover that area:

Contract Placements, Innovative support, International Placements

Emergency Teacher Agency - No website but call: (03) 9500 0648

SOUTHERN TEACHING SERVICES

Standby Staff: Index

Teacher Relief Services Pty Ltd

In regards to Mt Eliza it is more of a village lifestyle, yes it does have shops, although no major department stores etc, for these you would need to head in to Frankston.

Mornington is also a lovely area and I would be torn between them. As mentioned Mt Eliza does have a better Secondary School than Mornington but your children are still young and not ready to attend there yet.

If I can help at all please ask away.

Kate

Guest nejpinkett

Hi Kate

Thanks for the info, no doubt will be in touch again, once we have a better idea on our dates for coming over to OZ, just got to finish school year in UK and then we can come. May come earlier if I can get job for 3rd term and then my hubby will follow later with kids. We will probably need to some advice on short term leases. Although we have friends in Trafalgar we can stay with for a couple of weeks, although if I have a job on the Penisula it will be too far to travel, so will need some temporary accomodation until we get a rental. So many things to think about.

Speak Soon

Natalie

Archived