HI GUYS! ! Can anyone help

Guest Carters09

Guest Carters09

Hi Everyone Can anyone help us ! ! !

We are new to this site today, My name is Craig & my wife is Joanne we are both 25 and we have a little girl whos one called evie.... Oh and 1 expected in June.. ha ha

But we are trying to speak to anyone who can help us with info on moving ot Oz hopefully the Perth Area :smile:

Im a plumber and apparantly should be able to obtain a visa relatively easy.... However im totally unsure on where about to go around perth whether or not its child freindly ...pretty much the same old questions

We would be SO grateful if anyone could help at all on where to get info or anything

Thanks

The Carters

x x

Guest AndyandYvonneD
Hi Everyone Can anyone help us ! ! !

We are new to this site today, My name is Craig & my wife is Joanne we are both 25 and we have a little girl whos one called evie.... Oh and 1 expected in June.. ha ha

But we are trying to speak to anyone who can help us with info on moving ot Oz hopefully the Perth Area :smile:

Im a plumber and apparantly should be able to obtain a visa relatively easy.... However im totally unsure on where about to go around perth whether or not its child freindly ...pretty much the same old questions

We would be SO grateful if anyone could help at all on where to get info or anything

Thanks

The Carters

x x

Hi Craig & Joanne,

Welcome to PIO,

My hubby is also a plumber so if you need any advice just shout, we are just waiting for visa now so have finished the process and off to Brisbane soon hopefully.

Andy & Yvonne x

Guest Carters09

OH HI Andy & Yvonne

Thats Brilliant your actually going we'r so jealous ha ha ha .... Some info i would welcome is any on andy qualifications.... I've been plmbing nearly 6 yrs and hav my Gas Qualfications but from what i here i need to some how change mine to suit auzzie qualifications ? ? is that right

Thanks for your quick relpy

The Carters x x

Guest AndyandYvonneD
OH HI Andy & Yvonne

Thats Brilliant your actually going we'r so jealous ha ha ha .... Some info i would welcome is any on andy qualifications.... I've been plmbing nearly 6 yrs and hav my Gas Qualfications but from what i here i need to some how change mine to suit auzzie qualifications ? ? is that right

Thanks for your quick relpy

The Carters x x

Hi,

Andy has sent you a pm.

Yvonne & Andy x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Craig & family

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

My two nephews, now just 12 and nearly 15, were both born in Perth and have lied there all their lives. I've visited a few times and I would say it is an excellent place for children to grow up in. I'll provide some more links in a mo.

You are a Plumber, you say. OK:

Plumber - General 4431-11 - Australian Skills Recognition Information

The first thing you will need to do is to undergo a pre-migration skills assessment. If you live in the UK then the relevant skills assessment authority is Vetassess:

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

Vetassess operate a two-stage skills assessment process. In the first stage they relieve you of $600 AUD in order to do a paper based assessment of your competencies. If they are happy with that then they invite you to attend an all-day practical which costs a further $1,500 because the assessors come over from Oz. Loads of people on here have now done both parts of a Vetassess Plumbing assessment successfully so they can give you plenty of help.

The downloads look useful to me as well:

VETASSESS - Vocational Education Training and Assessment Services

Once you have a successful skills assessment, the next step is to consider which State you want to move to and which visa you want to apply for.

Each State/Territory has its own Migration website and they usually contain a LOT of really worthwhile information about the State or Territory concerned if you read them all carefully, follow the links in them etc. The link to all of them is here:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

I'd say keep a fairly open mind about where you want to move to just at this early stage because as you discover more about the different parts of Oz - which are all very different from each other - first impressions might give way to another idea.

Turning to the visas, at your age, with your particular occupation, Australia would be your oyster because as soon as you have your skills assessment you will be eligible for several different visas.

Department of Immigration & Citizenship

Information Booklets - Applications & Forms - Visas & Immigration

Returning to WA though for the moment because you need to start your search somewhere:

State Migration Centre

State Migration Centre » Living in Western Australia

Some of the main places in and near Perth:

Perth, Western Australia - Visual Wikipedia

YouTube - Black Swan

The black swans are the Emblem of WA. When my younger nephew was 4 we took him to see white swans in the UK. He insisted that they could not be swans because they weren't black. He decided they must be albino ducks...

One of my own very favourite places near Perth is Waroona Dam.

If you are looking at REIWA (houses) go into Google, click on Maps at the top and tell it the address of the property. In most parts of Perth now, Google Streetmaps lets you "walk" up and down the road concerned.

Also there are any number of You Tube and similar vids of every part of Oz nowadays, which makes for an easy, cheap way to rekkie them all!

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Carters09

Gill

Thanks SO SO much yr info will definately prove invaluable.....

Hopefully we can talk again many thanks again

The Carters

Guest plumbobs

hi we moved to perth 2 weeks ago hubby is a plumber so far so good we are loving it, it's everything we thought it would be and more, if you have any questions please feel free to ask

Sue Pete and 6 children!!

Guest mustshop75

Hiya,

We moved to Quinns Rocks, Perth 4 years ago and love it. We have 3 children aged 5, 4 and 2 and we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Life here is all about outdoor living, the beach, parks, barbies at friends etc - there is not really a pub culture as there is in the UK...entertaining is done at home so is perfect for young families.

Because of this, it's really easy to make friends really quickly. We knew no-one when we first emigrated but now have heaps of friends.

Perth is also the ideal place for the self-employed, my husband set up a window cleaning business which took off really quickly.

We are never short of visitors from the UK, so best get a house with a spare room :yes:

Good Luck with your venture to move to Oz.

Please get in touch if you have any questions. Claire

Archived