Help, Plumber/gas man in Oz

Guest samantha davies

Guest samantha davies

Hi we were looking at moving to Perth, but my husband who is the Plumber/Gasfitter decided he wouldnt have it as good work wise in Oz so that was that. I,ve managed to talk him round by saying i will go out and find the info out. Can anyone help me, will he have a problem finding the work? Will the wages be as good and how will he be received by the Ozzy,s. I carnt wait (assuming all goes well) im like a kid in a toy shop. We have 2 boys aged 13 and 8 and i feel it has what England has lost. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:?

Guest bob and ginnie

I can't speak for Perth, since I'm 1800 miles away, but I can say that here in Adelaide, Plumbers / Gasfitters are in short supply and he'd pick up a job within the week.

That being well, Australians will meet new people half way, especially if they're from the U.K. or New Zealand, but they don't like Australia being run down anymore than British people like commonwealth people coming to Britain and running it down. Aussies will be blunt about what they feel and will soon let you know.

Even if you can work successfully in Australia, you still have to have a mindset to make it work out for you. If not, stay at home.

Wages are less nowadays in Australia, but the money you earn goes further since petrol, food, etc. is cheaper, by all accounts.

Guest JohnKelly
I can't speak for Perth, since I'm 1800 miles away, but I can say that here in Adelaide, Plumbers / Gasfitters are in short supply and he'd pick up a job within the week.

That being well, Australians will meet new people half way, especially if they're from the U.K. or New Zealand, but they don't like Australia being run down anymore than British people like commonwealth people coming to Britain and running it down. Aussies will be blunt about what they feel and will soon let you know.

Even if you can work successfully in Australia, you still have to have a mindset to make it work out for you. If not, stay at home.

Wages are less nowadays in Australia, but the money you earn goes further since petrol, food, etc. is cheaper, by all accounts.

Excellent advice Bob and Ginnie, especially this part,

Good luck and best wishes to Samantha Davies.

Guest samantha davies

Thanks for your help, i will tell him hes a right old worrier but we are better sorting this thing out from this end. Blimmey i envy you already their!!!!!!!!! Thanks

8) 8) 8) 8)

• 4 years later...

Archived