2299-79 NSW State nomination???

mb_jg

Hi everyone,

Have a query & hoping someone could guide me accordingly.

I lodged my 176 visa (2299-79 Business & Information Professionals) in March '08. I scored 7+ in all IELTS modules, I have 7yrs+ work exp in the nominated occupation, & my brother from NSW sponsored my appl.

I haven't heard a thing from DIAC since lodgement, & now the priority processing is effective & there is no view on how much more time it would take.

Can I apply for the NSW State nomination (Asco code 2299-79)? I have been through the relevant websites, but needed reassurance from our experts here.

If I could, that would speed up the processing of our appl & save us the financial pitfall & stress.

Please help.

Hey Gill,

Thanks for taking the time out to reply to my previous query. Although, I did receive a response from my agent that state sponsorship is not possible for the asco code 2299-79 for NSW. "The following are the occupations in the demand list of the NSW State: 2231-15, 2231-79, 2231-11, 2231-13."....I am really not sure what to do.

Now, I learnt from the ACT website that the 2299-79 code is listed on the Canberra state sponsorship list. But this time around I am not believing what I read unless someone confirms it to me for sure.

Please help......anyone!

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi mb

In your earlier post, you said you had been through the relevant websites? Which websites, please? I am baffled now!

Department of State and Regional Development

The above is the link to the stuff about NSW's willingness to consider State Sponsorship and it does not include your occupation if you have quoted the correct code in this thread?

I remember your PM to me although not the details. There must be a reason why and how we both got this wrong? It is probably my fault. There is an ICT Code which is 2231-79 or 2239-79 (not sure and no time to check right now) and the thing is an absolute curse because it crops up in thread after thread! I may well have read the Code wrongly if I was in a hurry. Please accept my apologies.

The ACT website is here:

Business and Industry Development - Skilled and Business Migration

The ACT List is here:

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/excel_doc/0003/94584/ACT_Skills_in_Demand_List_11_Oct_2008.xls

The Bold lettering for your Code indicates that they only want a limited number of migrants who fit into this partcular group. Do you have the "frontline management/governance experience" which the ACT say they want?

I think with the occupations which are shown in Bold, the ACT ask you to send your CV in advance or something - I've seen reference to this somewhere, possibly in their Guidelines.

Has your Agent contacted the ACT to find out whether they would consider sponsoring you?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi mb

In your earlier post, you said you had been through the relevant websites? Which websites, please? I am baffled now!

Department of State and Regional Development

The above is the link to the stuff about NSW's willingness to consider State Sponsorship and it does not include your occupation if you have quoted the correct code in this thread?

I remember your PM to me although not the details. There must be a reason why and how we both got this wrong? It is probably my fault. There is an ICT Code which is 2231-79 or 2239-79 (not sure and no time to check right now) and the thing is an absolute curse because it crops up in thread after thread! I may well have read the Code wrongly if I was in a hurry. Please accept my apologies.

The ACT website is here:

Business and Industry Development - Skilled and Business Migration

The ACT List is here:

http://www.business.act.gov.au/__data/assets/excel_doc/0003/94584/ACT_Skills_in_Demand_List_11_Oct_2008.xls

The Bold lettering for your Code indicates that they only want a limited number of migrants who fit into this partcular group. Do you have the "frontline management/governance experience" which the ACT say they want?

I think with the occupations which are shown in Bold, the ACT ask you to send your CV in advance or something - I've seen reference to this somewhere, possibly in their Guidelines.

Has your Agent contacted the ACT to find out whether they would consider sponsoring you?

Best wishes

Gill

Hey Gill, your response is truly appreciated. Please do not apologise, you've always been there asnwering endless queries. I made the mistake of jumping too fast to conclusions with the NSW list.

The asco code I had applied under is 2299-79 asco code.

I had read this website Department of State and Regional Development

Selection Criteria

To qualify for NSW State sponsorship you must: (this is what confused me)

be under 45 years of age

have qualifications and experience in the occupations listed below

attain 100 points on the DIAC skills test

have had your skills assessed by the appropriate Australian assessing authority.

Click here for more details.

For more information on overseas qualifications and skills recognised in Australia go to www.immi.gov.au/asri have the English language skills specified for your occupation.

For details on International English Language Testing System visit www.ielts.org have been in paid employment on a full time basis in your nominated occupation for the period specified.

I was going bonkers when my agent told me the asco code is not included in there.

Anyways, the ACT List does have my occupation 2299-79.

I have the frontline management experience, I have worked as a busniess analyst for the last 8yrs of which 3yrs I have spent middle management where I am invovled in direct management decisions. The work experience is not a problem at all.

My current key responsibilities on my resume are:

Key responsibilities:

Ø Co-coordinate with clients for process & business improvements.

Ø Defining & monitoring SLA (Service Level Agreements)

Ø Conducting appraisals.

Ø Handling payroll, HR & administrative issues.

Ø Discuss business and organizational shortcomings with clients.

Ø Analyze and evaluate current systems and structures.

Ø Direct clients towards more efficient organisation and develop solutions to organizational problems.

Ø Plan the implementation of solutions.

Ø Educate staff regarding changes and train them to work with new systems.

Ø Evaluate the change process and inform clients on progress in addressing project objectives.

Ø Liaise with client on an ongoing basis, to maintain and develop the business relationship, ensure satisfaction with services provided, and identify opportunities for further consulting work.

Ø Policy formulation and review, including evaluation of policy options.

Ø Develop and implement performance management systems, to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance. Monitor employment costs and productivity levels.

I guess that should be good enough for ACT to atleast consider my application for state sponsorship......your thoughts please.

My agent tells me that I should be hearing from DIAC in the next 5-6 months. I've waited patiently for more than 10months now & I don't see why I could not explore the option of gaining state sponsorship if that would speed up the processing times.

Archived