Flight disruptions?

alcocainmel

Well we are counting the sleeps until my Mum arrives from the UK on Thursday evening (Oz time). We havent seen her for coming up 2 years and we are so looking forward to seeing her!! When I say that we are all counting the sleeps my OH is counting the sleeps not due to excitement but more dreading the fact that my Mum is staying with us for about a month!! lol (She really is not that bad but men and mother in laws)!! lol

Anyway what concerns me is the fact that the UK has all this white stuff (that I love) and it is causing disruptions to all kinds of travel like it always does. I have looked on the news/weather websites, airport and airline websites and none are really giving out much info. Now I know that flights have been canx and delayed at all airports but has anyone heard what the knock on effect is going to be please?

She is supposed to be flying from Heathrow tomorrow (Wednesday) lunch time.

I appriciate any info that any of you can give!! Thanks

Deb xx

Guest proud2beaussie

Keep checking the BAA Heathrow website for live information about delays.

BAA Heathrow: Welcome to Heathrow Airport | Parking | Terminal 5

Also keep checking the airlines website,or if they have an Australian office you could ring them and ask if there are any delays.

And remember if she is flying from Heathrow on Wednesday UK time then that will be nearly midnight Australian time (EST) and things could be very much improved by then.

This is also an excellent site with up to the minute news and you can track flights.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Home/home.do

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Deb

I know exactly where you are coming from, my mum is currently with us and has been for the last 3 months, we haven't spoke for 4 years so it was a little strange, however, we have got on quite well and the time has flown. I think the hardest will be saying goodbye.

Enjoy your time together and hopefully the snow doesn't cause to much delay for you.

Kate

Archived