Confussed Sparky

Guest Jamiefrod

Guest Jamiefrod

Hi,

Wondering if any sparkies, especially in Perth can give me some info. Read up and looked at posts on TRA and ATRC, but i'm going about moving to Perth in a bit of an unconventional way. I'm arriving in Oz on a 18 month working holiday visa, i'm travelling for a few months then arriving in Perth to work and live for around 14 months. The reason i've done this is because i want to make sure i'm happy there before splashing out on the expense on migrating.

As me and my girlfriend are young (ish) and non too rich i'm relying on working as a sparky. Anyway finally getting to the point, all these things considered what will i need to do to be able to work as a spark. Not sure if the TRA thing is more aimed at tradesman emigrating, willl i need to do Oz regs course? If its not possible for me to work as a sparky, maybe i can work as a electricians mate??

A few other details that maybe relevent, i'm JIB registered spark, have electrical installation design qualifications and HND in electrical and electronic engineering along with the usual city and guilds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and sorry for going on!!!

Jamie

Archived