Help - Ptlabs

Guest franny22

Guest franny22

Hi pt - golly recommended I contact you for advice. I am trying to get forms arranged and saw a website called National Visas - have you heard of this one.

My hubby is a BT Engineer which I'm sure corresponds to Communications Linesperson and that is worth 60 points on the skills list. I have completed the online assessment and scored 130 points which was enough to continue. We want to move to Perth with our two kids (10 and 6).

I have now paid $231.33AUD to this company (£89.00GBP) and they will send me a visa application pack to complete. I also get a 30 min telephone conversation.

Can you please tell me the next step and roughly how much this whole process is going to cost.

many thanks for your help.

Hi pt - golly recommended I contact you for advice. I am trying to get forms arranged and saw a website called National Visas - have you heard of this one.

My hubby is a BT Engineer which I'm sure corresponds to Communications Linesperson and that is worth 60 points on the skills list. I have completed the online assessment and scored 130 points which was enough to continue. We want to move to Perth with our two kids (10 and 6).

I have now paid $231.33AUD to this company (£89.00GBP) and they will send me a visa application pack to complete. I also get a 30 min telephone conversation.

Can you please tell me the next step and roughly how much this whole process is going to cost.

many thanks for your help.

Franny,

I'm a little confused as I don't work for National Visas, so I'm not sure if I can advise you on what's the next steps are with respect to National Visas.

I also cannot really advise on how much National Visas will cost you...

Or am I reading this totally wrong? Sorry!

Peter

Guest franny22

no, im probably just being thick cos its after midnight - lol. I really wasnt sure what the next steps were after ordering the visa application forms and was looking for general advise. Also just wondered if you had ever heard of this company from any other postings.

Also did u have a rough idea if hubbys job as BT Engineer (10 Years) would get him a job in Perth

I really wasnt sure what the next steps were after ordering the visa application forms and was looking for general advise. Also just wondered if you had ever heard of this company from any other postings.

Also did u have a rough idea if hubbys job as BT Engineer (10 Years) would get him a job in Perth

Visa application forms are actually available free of charge off the DIAC website - not sure why you're being charged for these.

TRA forms are also available free of charge off the TRA website.

Unfortunately, I haven't really heard of National Visas.

Job wise, the best place to look for information is http://www.seek.com.au/

Hope this helps.

Peter

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Peter

Franny's OH is a BT Engineer with 10 years experience. Would that count as a Telecomms Linesperson, do you think, please?

(It is vaguely "computers" - which is your line of knowhow, I believe, with this stuff......!)

I suggested that Franny should ask you this question because it is what she is hung up on. Seems to me that phones & IT are roughly the same, these days?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Peter

Franny's OH is a BT Engineer with 10 years experience. Would that count as a Telecomms Linesperson, do you think, please?

(It is vaguely "computers" - which is your line of knowhow, I believe, with this stuff......!)

I suggested that Franny should ask you this question because it is what she is hung up on. Seems to me that phones & IT are roughly the same, these days?

Franny, Gill,

Communications Linespersons are assessed by TRA: it's a trade that deals with the physical installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications equipment.

Hope this is what you're looking for?

I can't comment further unless and until I see Franny's OH's CV - and normally, there is a nominal cost associated with this and I'm reluctant to directly advertise my services here or anywhere else.

Peter

Archived