176 family vs state sponsored

A4Ron

Hi,

waiting on my skills asses still so haven't applied for 176 visa yet. Occupation (IT) is on SOL but not on MODL or CSL.

Want to migrate to qld goldcoast and want to know what would be quicker a family sponsor or state sponsor, havent applied for state yet (i dont know if I would get it) but do have family in Perth that willing to sponsor us.

Any recommendation ?

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi and welcome to PomsinOz!

Hopefully someone will be along to help you soon...!!!

Lots of Luck with all of your plans!!!

Dan :-)

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi,

waiting on my skills asses still so haven't applied for 176 visa yet. Occupation (IT) is on SOL but not on MODL or CSL.

Want to migrate to qld goldcoast and want to know what would be quicker a family sponsor or state sponsor, havent applied for state yet (i dont know if I would get it) but do have family in Perth that willing to sponsor us.

Any recommendation ?

Hiya

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

A State Sponsored 176 visa would be processed a LOT faster than a family sponsored one. However there are very few IT skills on the the list of occupations that QLD will consider State Sponsorship for:

State & Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Skilled Sponsored Eligible Skills List

West Australia, on the other hand, is willing to consider sponsoring people for a much wider range of IT skills:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/WAOIDL_JANUARY_2009.pdf

Also being able to say that you have close family in WA would be music to the Stately Ear. (They must be close rellies or they would not be able to sponsor you for a 176 visa.)

Best wishes

Gill

Archived