What does rent price include?

Guest MandyJayne

Guest MandyJayne

Hi all, just a quick question. When you see a price of a flat advertised at a letting agent does that normally include rates as well or are they normally extra?

Many Thanks!

Guest 0405delboy
Hi all, just a quick question. When you see a price of a flat advertised at a letting agent does that normally include rates as well or are they normally extra?

Many Thanks!

Hello,

In all my experience as a renter, the price stated does NOT include water rates. Water rates are usually around $50 a quarter. I dont know why they dont include it in the price!!!! I know its like this in SA but other states might be different.

0405delboy

Guest HelenaBooth

Many Thanks!

Hello

We rent a unit and the owner pays the water bill

We only have to pay Gas/Elec

xx:radar:

Hi

We rent a house in Perth WA and our rent only includes the council rates. We pay seperately for the water, gas electricity etc..

Mandy x

Guest snow white

usually when you rent thats all you pay no rates it should be included in rental price already so you just need to pay for bills gas electric and contents insurance

lesley

The rent includes insurance on the buildings and rates. You need to take out your own contents insurance. You pay, phone, electricity and gas and if there is a single water meter you pay the water. If there is a communal water meter ie all water for all flats some older blocks of units have these then the landlord pays the water bill. That is how it is in Victoria and I would think other States would be similar.

If you rent business premises then you pay the landlords insurance, land tax, all rates. body corporate fees if any and your own outgoings the landlord pays nothing just gets the rent.

Archived