So Confused

Guest watty

Hi All

Thought i was really starting to understand the process - as of today i can safely say i am not!!!!

Let me explain and hopefully one of you experts out there can help me.

I am an IT sales Manager for a small company. I originally thought i could apply for a 136 visa. This was incorrect as i would not be able to get through skills assessment with AIM as my level of expertise was too low - apparently you need to be a manager working for a company with at least 600 employees - we are 580 away.

My next thought was to go in as a sales representative under services and information. The skills assessment for this occupation appears to be VETASSSS. I was confused so emailed them and they confirmed they assessed my post secondary education although it did state in the description either degree / diploma or at least 5 years work experience which i have (8 years).

HELP!!!! My head is going to burst. I am now looking at state / territory or regonal sponsorship visa but again not sure where to start. As well as this i am emailing lots of companies trying for sponsorship.

Sorry for the long winded thread but i needed to put it all down.

Now breath!!!!!!

Thanks

Watty (Keith)

Hi Keith,

I think i sent you message regarding sponsorship, you just have to send as many emails with covering letter and CV/Resume as possible and be patient as there will be companies out there that will sponsor just finding them. Have you done a search on http://www.google.com.au for sponsorship too. how many companies have you emailed upto now?

It is frustrating lol :arghh:

Lynne

Guest jonseywife

:confused:

Dont get too stressed Watty, its not good for you...........

Im definately no expert, and I know people say you can do this on your own, but sometimes it's best just to go straight to an Agent..... Most have them will have a chat with you first (freebie) and tell you excatly where you stand, then you can take it from there!!!!

Good luck and hope you can sort it out.......... :D

http://www.immi.gov.au/

Hi

Thank you to both of you. Lynne i have emailed abut 50 with about another 1200 to go - lots to do.

I have had some good news today, a friend of a friend is a recruitment consultant in melbourne and she may have a couple of sponsors to consider. Fingers crossed!!!

Jonesy wife - i have now looked at an agent as my head is battered. I have contacted Immigration Group, Visa Bureau and Go Matilda. I was a little disappointed in Go Matilda as they came highly recommended and as i did not meet the 136 independant i was dropped. I thought they may have came up with different options.

Does anybody know anythin about immigration group?

Cheers

Watty (Keith)

Hello Keith.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed - I'm afraid that for some there aren't any visa options immediately available, and the only option is an employer sponsorship (not easy to obtain when you are living on the other side of the world), or a period of study in Australia (which tends to be expensive):

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=397

With best regards.

Hi

Thank you to both of you. Lynne i have emailed abut 50 with about another 1200 to go - lots to do.

I have had some good news today, a friend of a friend is a recruitment consultant in melbourne and she may have a couple of sponsors to consider. Fingers crossed!!!

Jonesy wife - i have now looked at an agent as my head is battered. I have contacted Immigration Group, Visa Bureau and Go Matilda. I was a little disappointed in Go Matilda as they came highly recommended and as i did not meet the 136 independant i was dropped. I thought they may have came up with different options.

Does anybody know anythin about immigration group?

Cheers

Watty (Keith)

Archived