pipefitter and oil rigs

Guest nashythegreat

Guest nashythegreat

Hi I'm a pipefitter looking for a company to sponser!!!! Is this the best way or go on a silled visa also in which areas of Oz are the oil rigs

Thanks

John Lynsay Jake and Sophie

Guest donovan

I would like to know the answer to this as my sisters husband is in the same field and is looking to coming over here

Sarah x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi John & Family

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

This person put a post on another thread a few days ago. He says he is a pipefitter on a 457 visa in Adelaide.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/leonardodeluna.html

Please could you tell me what a pipefitter actually does? Being female I have a clue about pipefitting. Is it on this list somewhere, please? Leonardo said he is a Fitter. Does that make sense to you?

Please try fo find your occupation on that list. Please give me the job title and the 6-digit Code Number.

Once I know which occupation we are dealing with I can try to help you more.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest nashythegreat

Hi thanx for getting back to me a pipefitter is a glorified plumber we work on petrochem sites, oil rigs and ship yards I think you call us boilermakers that is what we used to be called here .

the code on the list is 4122-11 and i think i fill a category on the critical list

Hope this helps

John

• 1 year later...
Guest thefurys

hey , what nvq/city and guilds did you do? my husband is a pipefitter too in the heating and ventilation (industrial) sector, and got knocked back by tra in that trade (4122-11 boilermaker) even though he worked in oz for two years a a boily offshore and in the mines. curious if you are in the same sector. if so be careful you get help with the tra!

cheers!

Archived