Anyone in Townsville!!

Guest simonandwendy

Guest angiem75

Hi Junglechick

Would be great to meet up for coffee, or maybe a barbie on the beach lol!!!

Where do you work?

I'm so anxious now, meds still not finilised:arghh: starting to feel like i'm never gonna get there!!

Thanks for reply dawn, sound great

Angie :biggrin:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest emmahardy214
Hi

we have been in Townsville since August 2009, I am not sure about nurses in Townnsville on here but I am working as an AIN (assistant nurse, they don't say health care assistant over here!)

at the Mater Townsville.

I would think you are going to work at the Townsville General, you dont say in your post.

There are alot of English nurses over here so you will soon meet some.

if there is any info we can help you with just ask.

Where abouts are you moving from?

Best of luck with everything

Dawn and Nigel

WE GOT VISA APPROVAL TODAY YAHOOOOOOO!

we are coming from coppull nr chorley in lancs. just going to book the flights!!

emma

Guest angiem75
WE GOT VISA APPROVAL TODAY YAHOOOOOOO!

we are coming from coppull nr chorley in lancs. just going to book the flights!!

emma

Well done Emma. Congrats :biggrin: Hope I'm next lol

Guest 1010ozzy

:biggrin:well done, you must be so excited, keep us up to date with your plans and we look forward to welcoming you to Townsville soon

Dawn x

Guest angiem75

I did it!!!!! My visa has been granted. Hoping to come out end of March. House sold moving out Friday, and handing in my notice at work tomorrow. Container people coming to pack, Wed, Thurs, and Friday!!!:eek:

So Busy busy busy, Think this next month gonna fly by, and before we know it we will be gone!

Hope you all ok, see you all soon! :biggrin:

Guest 1010ozzy
I did it!!!!! My visa has been granted. Hoping to come out end of March. House sold moving out Friday, and handing in my notice at work tomorrow. Container people coming to pack, Wed, Thurs, and Friday!!!:eek:

So Busy busy busy, Think this next month gonna fly by, and before we know it we will be gone!

Hope you all ok, see you all soon! :biggrin:

Congratulations! sounds like it is all moving along quickly now.

Best of luck getting everything sorted, and looking forward to seeing you when you get here.

Dawn and Nigel :biggrin:

Guest buckleys4

hi i am a new member, i have just found this site i wish it had been around when we moved to OZ.

we have been in Townsville for 10 years and in OZ for 19 years returning to the UK last yr for the first time.

hi i am a new member, i have just found this site i wish it had been around when we moved to OZ.

we have been in Townsville for 10 years and in OZ for 19 years returning to the UK last yr for the first time.

hi buckleys4, welcome :biggrin:

wow, 19yrs in Oz, if you don't mind me asking what are the pros and cons of Townsville? what made you decide on Townsville and how do you see Townsville in the future? sorry, lots of questions i know but i am planning on coming to Qld in next 2 years or so and am eager to hear all i can re regions and areas!

thanks

angie x

Guest buckleys4
hi buckleys4, welcome :biggrin:

wow, 19yrs in Oz, if you don't mind me asking what are the pros and cons of Townsville? what made you decide on Townsville and how do you see Townsville in the future? sorry, lots of questions i know but i am planning on coming to Qld in next 2 years or so and am eager to hear all i can re regions and areas!

thanks

angie x

we started in Coffs Harbour, then we went to Brisbane. i had a Job offer to go to Townsville so we came here, i love it apart from the two months a year its very hot. its a real friendly place with lots of Brits, its not really big and you can get around easy with not to much traffic. we fly to different places a few times a year like Bris and Sydney. your on the Great Barrier Reef so if you like water and fish you will be happy. hope this is a help....Liz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Im new to pomsinoz Me and hubby have been in Townsville 3 weeks now and would love to meet up with fellow poms. I have just read this discussion and we also come from your neck of the woods angiem 75. Again cant wait to meet up with you guys.

Sue

trying to organise a meet up for the weekend of 17/18 April, but will keep you posted

Dawn

That sounds good count us in what ever date it is:biggrin:. If you are up for a coffee and chat I am still not working yet so free anytime. Hubby is working so I am home alone and theres only so much cleaning and ironing you can do ahahah

Sue

Guest angiem75

Hi all

We finally made it to Townsville! :biggrin:

Been here since last Fri, mad week lots of thing to sort out, still loads to do lol!

Would love to meet up with you all just let us know when and where.

Hope you all well, and hope to see you soon

Angie x

Guest 1010ozzy
Hi all

Been here since last Fri, mad week lots of thing to sort out, still loads to do lol!

Angie x

Welcome to Townsville!!

Glad you have arrived in good spirits.

I will PM you my mobile number and we ca arrange a meet

Dawn

Hi all

Angie x

Hi Angie

Glad you finally made it to Townsville, yeh like you say cant wait to meet up with you guys

Sue

Guest 1010ozzy

:biggrin:Hi all

Meet up arranged for anyone interested for Sunday 18th April.

Meet outside coffee club on the Strand at 12 noon and go for Sunday lunch to The Sea View.

Try and reply if you can make it so we know how many we are waiting for, looking forward to seeing you all.

Dawn:jiggy:

Guest buckleys4

I would have liked to have been at the Coffee Club and Sea View, but i only just returned from Sydney. when you have another meeting please let me know......

Guest 1010ozzy
I would have liked to have been at the Coffee Club and Sea View, but i only just returned from Sydney. when you have another meeting please let me know......

Hi

yesterday was our first meet up and it went really well. We will be arranging another date soon so will keep you posted

Dawn:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Janey66

SO lovely to see so many Brits in Townsville:biggrin:I'm new to the site, just having a browse. I'm a nurse and I have a job on Kirwan. We are now waiting for visa...sponsored skilled migrant. If and when we get there its good to know you are all there. Just feel in limbo now waiting in the visa stuff. Anyway I hope to get to know you all on here.

Janey

Guest 1010ozzy
SO lovely to see so many Brits in Townsville:biggrin:I'm new to the site, just having a browse. I'm a nurse and I have a job on Kirwan. We are now waiting for visa...sponsored skilled migrant. If and when we get there its good to know you are all there. Just feel in limbo now waiting in the visa stuff. Anyway I hope to get to know you all on here.

Janey

Good luck with everything, and look forward to meeting up once you get here!!:biggrin:

Dawn and Nigel x

Guest emmahardy214

hi i am in townsvilleon the grad programme. we live at hermit park and its beautiful!

emma

Archived