Berwick

Guest Mike&Fiona

Guest Mike&Fiona

Hi all

Now that we have sold the house we should be in Melbourne for Feb 2009. Only problem is where to settle. We want to be east of the city as hubby will be working in Mulgrave but don't really know where to start looking. Good schools are top of our list as we have and 11 year old and 9 year old (both girls). Berwick gets quite a few mentions in PIO but what is it really like? Please leave feedback good and bad.

Thanks

Fiona

:unsurexmas:

Guest TheArmChairDetective

My family love the place.

AND its close to Fountain Gate:notworthy:

It is expensive to rent a house there now.

You could have a look at realestate.com.au. It depends how far you want to travel to work. If you wanted to be close by with shopping centres and a good train line then Glen Waverley is good as is Mount Waverley. Over on the beach side close enough to travel would be Highett, Parkdale, Mentone, Cheltenham,Moorabbin. However if looking in these areas be careful as there is an airport at Moorabbin and there is an exclusion zone and homes in that zone are usually cheaper. Beach side of the Nepean Highwayis best. These areas are older areas and a lot of the housing is older and established. There are very good schools in the area though, both public and private.

The Glen Shopping Centre is very nice.

Dingley Village is not often mentioned as a place to live but its a nice area as well.

If you wanted to travel further then you could look at Narre Warren North, Berwick or Langwarrin, South Frankston, Mount Eliza, Somerville, Mornington, Mount Martha.

Google earth will give you an idea of the areas as well.

Good luck.:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi all

Now that we have sold the house we should be in Melbourne for Feb 2009. Only problem is where to settle. We want to be east of the city as hubby will be working in Mulgrave but don't really know where to start looking. Good schools are top of our list as we have and 11 year old and 9 year old (both girls). Berwick gets quite a few mentions in PIO but what is it really like? Please leave feedback good and bad.

Thanks

Fiona

:unsurexmas:

Hiya Fiona,

Glad to hear you have sold your house, the market is a nightmare at the minute. We live in Berwick and love it, but saying that I have never lived anywhere else and have only been here for a week or so. From what I can gather, there are different parts of Berwick. Berwick villiage is where Berick secondary college is, and unfortunately we are out of the zoning area for that, so be careful which part you choose to live in as this could affect the schools in which your kids could go to. There are however other good schools in Berwick I v just enrolled my three kids into primary and secondary schools nearby. I drove through Mt Eliza and Mornington the other day, and I must say Mt Eliza looks beautiful, but, (I could be wrong) I think you would need a bit of spare cash floating about to live there looking at the houses. Ang xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest ashmalog

Hi there

well done on the house sale -

the best people to ask about education in those areas is movingtomelbourne - they have their own website and help people going to melbourne. I found them a wealth of knowledge when chosing schools for my 2 - we are not there yet - only just got visas - but we are looking at Berwick also.

good luck and i hope you find the info you are after

merry xmas and happy new year - 2009 the year that will change most peoples lives.

Bonnie:emoticon-signxmas:

Archived