Hairdressing wages

Polkey

Hi, my girlfriend and i are waiting for the nod from oz and in the mean time i have been trying to find info on how much to expect in wages as a hairdersser. I have 13 years under my belt and am an above average stylist. Does any one have any knowledge on self employed hairdressers to. Can you earn enough to live in Sydney or Newcastle and will we be able to live any were near the coast on a hairdressers wage ?

Any info or advice would be greatfully recived.

John Polkey. :?

• 4 months later...
Guest zoe cox

hi im thinking of moving to oz with my family in about a years time ,im a level 2 nvq hairstylist and wonderd if its worth brushing up my skills 2 earn a better wage when i get there.have u had any reply on wages yet.thanks zoe :)

Im Afraid We May Be The Only Hairdressers On This Sight As I Have Had No Luck In Finding Any Info About Wages. Some Of The Jobs I Have Found Online Offer 'award Wages' Wich I Think Is The Same Sort Of Deal As Minimum Wage But Not Sure. Either Way It Dont Look Good. As Far As Level 2 Goes,it Will Get You Past The Tra Wich Is The Important Bit At This Stage But You Have To Go Into So Much Detail. The Size Of The Sections The Angles You Take, Is It Point Cut , Club Cut ,sliced, Back Cut .......

It Took Me Months So I Would Start Doing It Asap As Its The Longest Hardest Part Of The Whole Proccess.

Guest zoe cox
Im Afraid We May Be The Only Hairdressers On This Sight As I Have Had No Luck In Finding Any Info About Wages. Some Of The Jobs I Have Found Online Offer 'award Wages' Wich I Think Is The Same Sort Of Deal As Minimum Wage But Not Sure. Either Way It Dont Look Good. As Far As Level 2 Goes,it Will Get You Past The Tra Wich Is The Important Bit At This Stage But You Have To Go Into So Much Detail. The Size Of The Sections The Angles You Take, Is It Point Cut , Club Cut ,sliced, Back Cut .......

It Took Me Months So I Would Start Doing It Asap As Its The Longest Hardest Part Of The Whole Proccess.

thanks 4 that.i think ill start a level 3 in september.

Guest zoe cox

hi again .i just been reading on another site that the wages are very poor in oz, and that they make u wrk a 48 hr wk.thats coming from a lady whos working over there at the mo,shes considering coming back 2 uk.

Hi Polkey and zoe cox,

I to am a h/dresser and have got two job offers in Perth working full time is about $36,000 per ann this is average on about £15,000 / £16,000. I am sorry to say we have got to start from the bottom AGAIN and prove ourselfs to the oz's. I to have got 15 years experience but that OR the certs really don't prove anything, also did you know that when you get there you have to sit exams again you can get the info from Hairdressers Registration Board of WA. Sorry i can't help with info on Syd, so good luck.

Hi Polkey and zoe cox,

I to am a h/dresser and have got two job offers in Perth working full time is about $36,000 per ann this is average on about £15,000 / £16,000. I am sorry to say we have got to start from the bottom AGAIN and prove ourselfs to the oz's. I to have got 15 years experience but that OR the certs really don't prove anything, also did you know that when you get there you have to sit exams again you can get the info from Hairdressers Registration Board of WA. Sorry i can't help with info on Syd, so good luck.:idea:

Guest zoe cox

Thanks alex,that realy helps. that wage seems good to me as that would be our 2nd income.what type of exams do u have to sit.?

Archived