New to Sydney

Guest lillibet

Guest lillibet

Hi, I've just moved to Sydney, been here about 2 months and i'm looking to meet some new people and make some friends as i dont know anyone here.

Hi, I've just moved to Sydney, been here about 2 months and i'm looking to meet some new people and make some friends as i dont know anyone here.

Hi Lillibet.....there are a group of us on here that meet up for drinks, and a laugh....you will be more than welcome to join us....we will be meeting this Saturday if you would like to join us.....

Guest lillibet

Hiya, Thanks that sounds great, although i might be going to the carol's in the domain. But that would be good.

And tomato head i'm quite possibly the least sporty person you may find, although i know if would be a good way to meet people.

Hiya, Thanks that sounds great, although i might be going to the carol's in the domain. But that would be good.

And tomato head i'm quite possibly the least sporty person you may find, although i know if would be a good way to meet people.

Hi.... a group of us from this site are going to Carols in the domaine to....pm me your number and we could meet up at some point.....or next time, there are loads of next times!! x

That sounds great, would love to meet up. What time are you going?

were going to meet up around 6pm ishhhhh....ive got ur number now, will text you a little nearer with the time to let you know...have a good evening!

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there! Just wanted to welcome you to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!! And of course wish you Lots of Luck making some new friends in Sydney!

Take care,

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest auntielesley

Hi Lillibet - Hope that you meet some nice people soon there must be lots out there ???? Love the picture - remind me which one are you.

Guest movingtooz123

Hi Lillibet

Im going to be in a similar position myself i fly into sydney on sat and starting from scratch, dont know anyone in sydney and going to be looking for a room to rent, job and friends all in one hit.

Do you have any advice for someone new to the city?

Thanks Stacy

Guest lillibet
Hi Lillibet

Im going to be in a similar position myself i fly into sydney on sat and starting from scratch, dont know anyone in sydney and going to be looking for a room to rent, job and friends all in one hit.

Do you have any advice for someone new to the city?

Thanks Stacy

Hi, well if you fancy meeting up, then i'd be more than happy. Make sure you go and see anywhere that you are thinking of living, as they can be nothing like there description or you might not like the person that your going to be living with. The friends bit i havent quite managed yet, but i am trying now i'm settled. Dont try and do too much right away- jet lag is a terrible thing. Where abouts are you planning on living when you get here??

Guest movingtooz123
Hi, well if you fancy meeting up, then i'd be more than happy. Make sure you go and see anywhere that you are thinking of living, as they can be nothing like there description or you might not like the person that your going to be living with. The friends bit i havent quite managed yet, but i am trying now i'm settled. Dont try and do too much right away- jet lag is a terrible thing. Where abouts are you planning on living when you get here??

Yeah meeting up sounds good where abouts are you? Is the transport system quite good in sydney?

Jet lagg wont be a problem im actually inthailand now and done that bit so its only 3 hours difference when i get to sydney so should be with it.

I have no plan of action when i get there im planning on booking a hotel for a week and trying to get something sorted within that time with regards to accommodation and job.

Thank you for your advice so far

stacy

Guest lillibet
Yeah meeting up sounds good where abouts are you? Is the transport system quite good in sydney?

Jet lagg wont be a problem im actually inthailand now and done that bit so its only 3 hours difference when i get to sydney so should be with it.

I have no plan of action when i get there im planning on booking a hotel for a week and trying to get something sorted within that time with regards to accommodation and job.

Thank you for your advice so far

stacy

I'm just at Milson's point so i'm just one train station out of the city. The transport system is very good and far better than in the Uk, i get a travel pass that is $35 and covers all the trains buses and ferries (except the manly ferry) for a week and cover's the city and out into some of the suburbs and it doesnt cost much more to get to next one. You can also use it as many times as you like. At the stations they do maps which show you the areas and the colour coding so you can work out what ticket you would need but it's a lot cheaper than buying a ticket everytime you go to get on a bus, ferry or train.

Good luck with finding somewhere to live, have you checked out the domain website, that's quite good for finding places to live.

When do you arrive in Sydney?

Guest movingtooz123
I'm just at Milson's point so i'm just one train station out of the city. The transport system is very good and far better than in the Uk, i get a travel pass that is $35 and covers all the trains buses and ferries (except the manly ferry) for a week and cover's the city and out into some of the suburbs and it doesnt cost much more to get to next one. You can also use it as many times as you like. At the stations they do maps which show you the areas and the colour coding so you can work out what ticket you would need but it's a lot cheaper than buying a ticket everytime you go to get on a bus, ferry or train.

Good luck with finding somewhere to live, have you checked out the domain website, that's quite good for finding places to live.

When do you arrive in Sydney?

Cool the transport sounds good and cheap then, thanks for the tips on that. Ive had a quick look at domain website but just not sure on what area i need to be in which is kind of holding up my process slightly.

I arrive in sydney on saturday afternoon so thinking of booking a hotel or hostel for a week the hopefully finding somewhere in that week when i know whats what...

Guest lillibet

The area you want to live i'm guessing will depend on where your working, if your working in the city then it's pretty easy to get to from most of the suberbs. There are plenty of hotels and hostels so that will be easy for you.

Archived