Jumping ship!!

Guest sapper377

Guest sapper377

Due to leave the British Army May 2009. Employed as a Plant Operator Mechanic with Health & Safety qualifications for the last 20 years and thinking long and hard about emigrating, had enough of the UK.

I have 2 years to gain further qualifications or to retrain for a different career.

Any advice on possible employment within the construction or health and safety fields would be appreciated, also if retraining what career groups are sort after in Australia?

Guest jonseywife

Hi sapper377

Your not the only one jumping ship, so join the club......

Check out the link below to see if will fit into any of the wanted categorgories, then you could apply for the skilled visa -( independant or sponsored!) There are loads of different visa's you can go out on so take your pick........ but you'll have to get reading.

Also check out the Oz gov. website link, theres quite a bit of info on it............

Another thought, my cousin (a policeman) told me that the Police force has been offering direct transfers to New Zeland/or possibly Oz, does the army do this ???? :?

Good luck :)

http://www.aaavisas.com.au/viewArticle.aspx?id=93

http://www.immi.gov.au/

Guest nev_n_angie

Hiya

We're RN - trnasferring to RAN - the ADF are recruiting at the moment and have been for some time.

Hubby Leaves RN 31 August 07 - We fligh out shortly after having to give 3 years return of service as they are paying for everything - VISA's MEDS REMOVALS FLIGHTS ETC.

Just a thought??

Angie

Guest sapper377

Hi thanks for the replies,

Have had brief emails with lateral transfer people, ADF, it is one option i am looking at.

The more i look at the UK as a place to live and bring up children the less it appeals to me, especially all the stealth taxes that we keep getting hit with!!

Archived