Pensions from the UK

Guest Colin R

Guest Colin R

This is a huge great big thank you to Allan Collett. Who is brilliant and an absolute star. He picked up on a comment I made a few weeks ago . In it I said that we were paying tax in Australia on a pension already taxed in the UK . This as he said was not right and indeed until we were PR ( we were here on a 163 sponsored business visa)we should not being paying the difference in UK tax to Australian tax . I contacted our accountant and he had not heard of this and contacted the Australian Tax office who it turns out couldnt answer him either!!!! It now appears that there could be an error on the Tax office web site. Anyway to cut a really long story short , it is only our connection with Poms in OZ and the multi talented Allan that has now given us $5000 back through an overpayment of Tax.

Keep up the good work Allan

Sally

xxxxx

By the way we got our PR on the 27th November 08

This is a huge great big thank you to Allan Collett. Who is brilliant and an absolute star. He picked up on a comment I made a few weeks ago . In it I said that we were paying tax in Australia on a pension already taxed in the UK . This as he said was not right and indeed until we were PR ( we were here on a 163 sponsored business visa)we should not being paying the difference in UK tax to Australian tax . I contacted our accountant and he had not heard of this and contacted the Australian Tax office who it turns out couldn't answer him either!!!! It now appears that there could be an error on the Tax office web site. Anyway to cut a really long story short , it is only our connection with Poms in OZ and the multi talented Allan that has now given us $5000 back through an overpayment of Tax.

Keep up the good work Allan

Sally

xxxxx

By the way we got our PR on the 27th November 08

Congratulations Sally, Colin & The Zoo:

What FANTASTIC NEWS all round... You must be so relieved all your hard work & investment in your new country was worth it & validated... We are so happy for you all, as we know how much this means to you & how hard you have worked for it - I know we certainly wouldn't have taken such a torturous road to get here!

:yesxmas:

We Really Wish you ALL continued Success & Happiness in your PERMANENT NEW Country - And thanks for posting your Tax Credit info - there must be loads of peeps in the same situation, paying tax twice - Good on ya! & Alan, of course, what a HERO! Nice to hear some really Good News!

:hug: X

Archived