Shipping Home

Guest Sandals

Guest Sandals

Moving to Mooloolaba next October, so I just want to start getting some average prices together on shipping containers for all our gear. Thought best to ask those that have been there and worn the T-shirt !! :wideyedxmas:

Guest JoanneHattersley

we used Simpsons international removals. They are based in Kent. My parents used them too from Cambridge.

Google them! They`re worth it!

Hi there,

We were quoted around 4000 pounds for a 20ft container from each of the 4 companies we had quote, they will all come down a little bit if you haggle but not much. Should be able to squeeze most of your stuff into a 20ft container unless you've got tons of stuff! Its a good opportunity for a clear out!

Good luck :coolxmas:

Guest HappyBunny

If you want to save some money consider DIY moving. People think it's loads of hassle but it's not and it's about half the cost of using an international removal company on a 20ft container. xx

Guest HappyBunny
How do you go about DIY moving?

I like the sound of saving money.

Lisa x

You need to use a shipping company instead of an international remover.

You have to pack your things yourself and load them into the container (which is delivered to your house). The shipping company then collects the container and handles everything else for you. They will deliver it to your new address in oz and usually unload the container for you and put things into the rooms that you specify ready for you to unpack.

We did it a couple of months back and it cost us just under 2,200 (GBP) to have a 20ft container shipped to Brisbane. If you want more details PM me. x

Archived