Legalese Question - Subclause 050.222

Guest ildanach

Guest ildanach

Good morning,

I have applied for a Bridging Visa (Class E) to stay in Sydney while I make a 457 application. I received a letter from Immigration yesterday requesting I attend an interview under Subclause 050.222 of Schedule 2 of the Migration Regulations.

I was just wondering if anybody can shed some light on what this actually means and if it is a good thing or not. Needless to say I will show up regardless but I would just like to be prepared and have an idea as to what it is all about.

Cheers in advance,

Dave

Guest ildanach

Hey thanks Gill,

I have already looked at a few sites regarding the sub clause and from what I can gather it is nothing more than a review, in my case a merits review I think. But I was just hoping that somebody may have received teh same letter and known exactly what it is about.

But thanks anyway, its muchly appreciated.

Dave

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Dave

It has nothing to do with a "merits review." That would generally be an appeal to the Migration Review Tribunal against a visa refusal.

DIAC reserve the right to interview all applicants for all visas. All that they want to do is to have a face to face chat with you to satisfy themselves that you are an honest cove who is not planning to vanish into the black market, will abide by the conditions of the BV E if they grant it, are not so sinister-looking that they reckon they ought to demand a security bond to encourage you to abide by the conditions and so forth.

It is just routine, never fear.

Cheers

Gill

Guest ildanach

Thanks a milion man, thats exactly what I needed to know :)

I satisfy pretty much all of the above, though sinister looking?? Hmmmmmm? Thats debatable hahahaha

But seriously thank you very very much for the reply you have set my mind at rest.

Cheers,

David

Archived