There must be a way!!!

Guest watty

Does anyone have any ideas!!!!

We (Keith 36, Karen 39,Harleigh 11, Megan 9 and Adam 5) are desperate to make the move. Just been told that not worth dong TRA for 136 Visa as my job is not high level enough. Other option is student or sponsored.

Any ideas - can i only work 20 hours a week on student visa?

Has anyone thought - what the hell and move out regardless, no visa and then try and find a way when your out there (iknow i should be more responsible with having kids and stuff - but i am desperate)

Any ideas would be greatly received!!!!

Thanks

Watty (Keith)

Hi Tonyandlynne

I am an IT sales manager, i will look at IT sales roles or any other sales roles that are available.

My wife is a part time medical receptionist.

I tried your suggestion on google but ihave to be honest - i am crap at surfing the web. Hope you can advise.

Thanks

Keith

Have you looked at http://www.seek.com.au

Then type in IT sales manager in where it says keywords then it comes up with loads of jobs as i just done it an got loads up, you will then have to email as many as you can and await replies, you will have to be patient, click on each one individually and it will give you more detail of the job then email each one with a covering letter and attatch your cv. Here is a copy of my covering letter to give you an idea what i put to be sponsored. Here is my covering letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

Please find attached my up to date Resume for your consideration

Having worked for over 9 years as an Auxilliary Nurse and Home Care Worker for Mayday Nursing Bureau and Social Services in the United Kingdom. I feel that I possess the necessary skills and work experience to fulfill roles within the Residential, Aged and Home Care fields.

I hope that, on consideration of my Resume you will be persuaded that I can make a valuable member of your team.

I do not have a valid VISA for Australia so I would be looking for a sponsorship for any positions that you would consider me for. Any advice would also be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Good luck and dont give up.

Lynne

:D

That is brilliant Lynne

Thanks very much - you are so helpful. I know it will take time - i am so impatient.

Thanks again. I will keep you informed.

Watty (Keith)

Hi Keith,

You are more than welcome, glad to help others, get places by helping each other. Very good luck and being patient will get you somewhere. They might not all do sponsorship which is why i copied my covering letter on here for you as they know exactly what you want and they will tell you straight if they do sponsorship or not. Just email them all relevent to your skills and one will probably come up amongst them.

Lynne :D

Other thing i was meant to say to is with sponsorship you might have to go where the work is so dont really get much choice of your place which is what it is for me as the work i do and being sponsored, it is in Sydney where the work is so have to go there.

Lynne :D

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hello Keith,

Been reading your post and Lynne's replies.

If you find sponsorship is a no-go, then maybe consider student visa? My OH is applying for a course at the moment. As it is a 2-year Diploma course, he can work 20 hours and I can work 20 hours as his spouse. If he were to do a 3-year degree course, the spouse can work full-time. There is lots of info to be had on http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au for international students. The costs involved are that you must pay for your tuition, and take out private medical insurance. Tuition costs vary but OH is paying AUD22,000 for entire course.

Hope this helps - I'm sure an agent will be happy to give you advice. By the way, you can't go to Australia without a visa, you will be deemed an illegal and deported swiftly and time-barred from re-entering. Yes that's right, other countries have got their immigration policies right!

Cheers,

Rachel :wink:

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hi Chelle,

There are loads of different courses, but if your aim is to get PR then you or OH need to study something that is going to mean you have a Skill in Demand (worth 60 points). Different regions have different skill in demand lists. My OH is going to study Automotive Engineering. This is a 60 pointer, and a Skill in Demand in Victoria. Once he's qualified, the Victorian government will offer him PR provided he agrees to stay and work in Victoria for 3 years. Other skills in demand - go to http://www.LiveInVictoria.vic.gov.au to get an idea.

We used a company to help us find the right course, they are http://www.studyaustralia.com.au. Very, very helpful and NO FEES, they get paid by the Australian colleges for the placement of international students.

Hope this helps :) Good luck!

Rachel

Guest Rachel&Stu

Chelle,

Sorry didn't reply to other part of your question.

The spouse who isn't studying can work 20hrs or full-time depending on the course student is studying. Spouse can do whatever work they can do, or get. I will try and get a job in childcare, that is what I am qualified for, and will probably get my Certificates authenticated or whatever it is, before we go to make it easier for employers to see what my level of qualification is!

Rache

Hi there,

If you need any help we can assist with study placements and finding those with training hours included. On the other hand if a student studies post grad the dependent has full time work rights :)

We have just been wading through SOL course providers to find who give training hours (including regional).

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/880/index.htm

You do not pay us anything as we are an officially contracted Australian education agent under the ESOS Act., and we are listed under http://www.studyinaustralia.gov.au

Further, I am from Melbourne but based in Budapest, we can try to get you onto a suitable programme. I know one of the Automotive with training hours is full till 2008 entry...but there are others.

See http://www.aiec.biz which includes links for Victoria. Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,

Andrew Smith

Cert IV WPA, B. Bus. & M. Ed.

Thanks everyone - i appreciate your help. I know it is wrong to think of going without a visa. I had a brain wave after my disappointing news. I will def look at the student route and make sure we don't overspend in the first two years.

This new forum look totally threw me. Takes some getting used too.

Hi Chelle thanks for that i am sure we will sort everything out and live our dream.

Lynne i did and i found hundreds so i have created a letter based on the one you posted and sorted my CV out into oz styling. Now i just need to blitz them all.

One question - on the bottoms of the job listings it states that the vacancy is only available to people who are allowed to work in Oz. Is that just to cut numbers down or is it worth sending them my details anyway?

Thanks again - my spirits are raised

I would just send to all suited to your line of work whether it says or now as they can only send back confirming it is oz residents only, doesnt cost anything. At least you can say you tried them. I would if it were me. Good Luck and get them sent sent sent. I got a reply pretty quick but mine were companies that definately sponsor. If you manage to get one in luck who sponsor you may get a quick reply.

At least your covering letter will state you need sponsorship so they will see that first.

Lynne

Archived