Discover West Holidays

Sunshine11

Hi All,

Re: www.discoverwest.com.au

Can anyone tell me if they have booked or know of anyone that has booked an apartment/hotel through the above company. Do you know if they are reputable ?

We have looked at booking through Asia Rooms but have heard some bad reports about rooms not being there when people have arrived and also not being able to get money back etc. So were thinking Discover West Holidays might be a better option but would like some advice please!!

Thanks in advance

Sunshine11

• 2 months later...
Guest worldweary

I hope it is not too late to reply to your dilemma. I would not recommend Discover West Holidays to nayone. After travelling around the world to Perth they left us without transport to our hotel. We have been tryin to get a refund from them since 11th January but the battle has just begun.

Guest proud2beaussie

Firstly let me state that I have no connection with DiscoverWest apart from having owned a travel agent which has dealt with them on a number of occassions and can vouch for the fact that all my clients have had excellent experiences dealing with them,they are a well managed company who hold memberships of all industry bodies and licences required by regulatory authorities,I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Second,worldweary,you say that "they" left you with no transport to your hotel,if you send me a pm setting out the circumstances of your situation I am more than happy to examine your situation and as I have contacts in the industry if you have a genuine complaint then I should be able to assist you in obtaining some compensation,feel free to either pm me or send me a direct email to my office by clicking my username.

• 5 months later...

I don't recommend Discover West Holidays at all ! I've booked one hotel in Perth through Discover West Holidays. They advertise that I can get "Free Voucher Book" at their website. And they also advertise what kind of vouchers are included into the Free Voucher Book. After I booked one hotel, I received the Free Voucher Book. But vouchers I wanted to get were not included into the Book !

I emailed to them to send my favorite voucher sheets which advertises at their website. I got received email from Lucy. She said "we emailed". I replyed I did recieve the Free Voucher Book but my favorite voucher sheets were not included in it. Then Victoria emailed me instead of Lucy and she said "we emailed." I emailed her then and told that I did received the Free Voucher Book but some are not included which are advertised at their website. I attached website address to her.

Every time different name staffs emailed me, using one same email address. Nobody never try to check their website. They insisted me that they sent me the Free Voucher Book. At the end they told me to come to get the Voucher to their office in Perth!

I explained and explained their advertisement at the website. Finally they accessed their website. And what they said? They said "the linked advertisement page is old. See below the page which says "2002 copyrihgt". Continued to say "Now 2009!"

Can you believe that? Why they use such old page? Who sees copyright year? They lead invalid link pages intentially and cheat customers. I didn't receive the word "sorry" from them to the end.

Discouver West Holidays is the worst company I used. The staffs attitude are very worst. I'll never use this company and never recommend this company to anyone.

Don't use this company ! You'll be disapointed and mad at them.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey I've been using Discover West for the last 2 years for visiting family and our own trips in WA and hav't had a problem. I always got the discount vouchers and they seem to change so we get some new ones each time and there are lots of them and keep jamming up my printer.

It looks like thay are making upgrades to their site as it is getting easier to use. When ever I call I get a different person so they must be pretty big I guess.

Yes I would definately recommend as well.

Archived