We just want to know what's happening :(

Guest j00ls

Hi all,

Has anyone else had any problems getting a response to a question from your case officer?

We applied for our defacto visa at the beginning of october and sent in the additional information requested about 3.5 weeks after this. It's been about 4 weeks since sending this stuff in and we've not heard a peep from our case officer.

We sent 2 emails with general questions after the confirmation email and have now also called (left a message on answerphone) and emailed as we just want to make sure all our additional documents were recieved and things are all ok.

We've had no response to any of the above means of communication and we are starting to feel so disheartened. I get so depressed going on here and reading about people who get thier visa granted within 10 days or so.

Anyone else have the same problem?? Is there a general way of contacting the consulate to check how things are going??

Help! :frownxmas:

Jools,

I have the same kind of problem. I asked a question and got nothing back. But when we submitted

meds doc about 1 week after they arrived in Australia the online status changed to show that they had got them. If you

use the online status tool to submit questions/information, it does make it clear that they will only

respond to important stuff, such as major change of your status.

That said, it sounds like there are a few friendly case offers who give feedback.

I found the searching this site for "175 granted",

gives me a few hits that show how long it is taking to process visas.

You could also try BEupdate - Timeline Spreadsheet for Australian Visa Applications

What visa type did you apply for?

Eddy,

Guest hartleys

Hi,

We have applied for a 175 skilled which are processed in Adelaide and i have phoned them to check they have recieved additional info from us and they were really helpful. Not sure if de facto visas are processed at the Adelaide centre but i would phone the general number and maybe not co direct see if that helps

good luck

lisa

Same thing - we're checking our email every hour or so looking for a reply but nothing! We sent back our additonal information a couple of weeks ago - our co would have received them last Monday and we emailed to confirm that we'd sent it etc but not a peep!! So frustrating - we'd like a happy Christmas and to know what's going on!!

Phew - glad I'm not the only one! I was getting worried we had annoyed the CO by being too pushy!

Thanks everyone for your responses

Guest Faye&Matt

We are applying for a defacto visa too. I rang my c/o as i was unsure about something he'd requested more info for and left a message on his voicemail to which I didn't receive a reply so had to email him and got a very curt reply from him the next day. My partner won't let me email/ring any more even though I would have liked to ask him if once he receives the police check how long will it take for the visa to be granted. I suppose I am lucky that at least our c/o does reply to emails.

I'm a bit worried from reading some of the above posts that say you sent additional info weeks ago and no visa yet as we've got our flights booked (cheap online deal we found so oh insisted we buy as 'of course we'll have visa by then, its months away and we're sending it all in one go...' )We've supposed to fly out at end of Jan but as we don't even have aus police checks back yet I can't see that happening, especially with Christmas and the fact that it will probably take another month once they received that. I suppose its our own fault for not just getting Aus police checks just to be on the safe side instead of just UK ones.,

Faye&Matt I'm sure you'll be fine. From what I've read, most spouse visas lodged in London have a response within 4 weeks or so. Ours has been nearly 12 weeks now - I'm guessing our case is more "complicated" sigh.

We're just stumped as to who we can call to get any kind of reassurance that everything is ok?!

OH had the phone interview this morning, we were so nervous last night trying to prepare but how can you?!

He was just asked things like how we met, what our living arrangements were, confirming how we suport eachother financially / in the household, what the plans were when we got to Oz etc - nothing too bad!!

Basically finished by saying that we do seem to meet the requirements of a defacto couple but he was waiting on a few things to be finalised and would get back to us next week and not to stress over the weekend - let's hope it's positive hey?!!

j00ls - was thinking, we have now been assigned a different co and we've come to the conclusion that our old one is on Christmas leave? Maybe they have a lot of staff on leave at the moment and lots of applications being put through for Christmas so everything is taking a bit longer? Just a thought, hope u can be assured soon!

I hope so!

The phone interview doesn't sound too bad - hopefully you'll hear back before Christmas - wouldn't that make a nice pressie?!!

Archived