we're worried

jack&mick

Hi my name is Kara and Im 9 I have a little brother Aleksander and he's 6. my mummy and daddy are starting visas for us to live in australia probably perth. Can anyone answer our questions please. and we might like some penpals who are going or already in oz.

What are the schools like?

When do they start and finish?

How much homework do you get?

How hard is the work?

Are there good friendly football clubs and where are they?

What kind of stuff is there for us to do after school and at the weekend?

Is there brownies & other clubs there?

Did you have to leave all your toys behind?

Kara :unsurexmas:

Hi Kara;

My daughter Katy has just gone to bed but I will see if she can post something for you tomorrow. She is 11 and our family is trying to get to australia too and she has lots of questions too. We used to live in Brisbane and Katy was born there, but we came back to England when she was still a baby. So it's all new to her too.

What are the schools like?

Pretty much like here.

When do they start and finish?

Some start a little bit earlier and finish a little bit earlier, but there's not much difference.

How much homework do you get?

About 20 mins a night.

How hard is the work?

The work is also quite similar and mostly the subjects arn't too different. Instead of learning about English history and geography you do about Australia, Indonesia and Japan.

Are there good friendly football clubs and where are they?

There are football clubs (football is called soccer because in Australia there are other kinds of football games like Aussie Rules). Most cricket, soccer and rugby clubs I was involved in with my son where really friendly and liked the whole family to get involved. Lots of BBQ's!

It will depend on where you move to as to where your local club would be.

What kind of stuff is there for us to do after school and at the weekend?

That depends on where you live. There are wonderful beaches, beautiful, cool rainforests to explore, lots of parks with really good playgrounds all over the place, then there's lots of sporting clubs, and swimming pools, cinemas all the usual things as well.

Is there brownies & other clubs there?

My older daughter was in the Brownies in Kallangur, Brisbane and had a great time. They got to do lots of outdoors things and games as well as crafts etc.

Did you have to leave all your toys behind?

My kids took nearly all their toys with them. They had a good clear out of things they didn't really play with any more, then took all the things they really wanted to with them.

I hope this helps. It is a big move and it can be worrying, but it can be exciting too with lots of new places to explore. I will get Katy to say hello tomorrow.

Do you know there is a special part of this forum just for children's posts where you can get to know people your own age?

Debbie

hey im katy debs daughter i'm like you i might be movin.I love your name i'ts brilliant.if your on later or your mum and dad mabey you want to leave me message i'm 'katy h'I would love to hear from you.I might be moving to brisbane or caloundra I hope I could be your penpal if you want.You could personal message me and tell me your email I would personal message you back with mine.Hope your on soon and your havin a good time!

hey Its katy again I accidently used my mums user last time to send you a message:embarrassed:.I hope you send me a message not my mum ,my mum is deb62.

SOS (sorry)

katy h:nerdxmas:

Guest MICHAEL POOLE

hi my name is beth and I am 8 I have a brother called josh and he is 5 we are half way through applying and are going to perth if we get accepted. We are going for a holiday in feb but we have been there twice before as we have family there you will love it but i am a bit scared to go please write back.

Hi Beth

This is Kara and Aleksander's mum they are in bed at the moment but I will get them to send you a post tomorrow. Kara also has her own login in the younger ones bit where you can send her a message and its kara 9.

Take care

Jackie :emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Beth and Josh

what are you doing once you get there? I mean like your sports and hobbies.

I like football and video games, what a you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there.

Just going to pass on a bit of info to Kara on how to be safe and who can help her on here.

This is what im sending.

Welcome to PIO

I hope you have an enjoyable time on here. Please ask our Team of Moderators for any help on here. Of course our PIO Admin Monkey is Tim he is in charge of the site. If there is any problems that Moderators can't handle (which is very unlikely) ask Tim.

Never give out any personal info unless given permission by your parents.

This is how to be safe on the site. May i wish you good luck with the flight and moving.

James Drummond

Hi there.

Just going to pass on a bit of info to Kara on how to be safe and who can help her on here.

This is what im sending.

Welcome to PIO

I hope you have an enjoyable time on here. Please ask our Team of Moderators for any help on here. Of course our PIO Admin Monkey is Tim he is in charge of the site. If there is any problems that Moderators can't handle (which is very unlikely) ask Tim.

Never give out any personal info unless given permission by your parents.

This is how to be safe on the site. May i wish you good luck with the flight and moving.

James Drummond

Thank you for the information James its reassuring to know. Kara and aleksander are not allowed to send posts or details or even go on to websites without myself or my husband knowing about it and we always keep an eye on them while they are using it because they are still young and niave.

jack&mick

Hi

I have just sent the PM to her. Moderators are just trying to keep the site safe, especially when young children are on here.

Thanks for letting me send the PM to her.

When she recieves a PM you know who its from.

Cheers

James

Guest x-GKD-x

Hiiaa Kara,,

My Name is Georgia And i amm 11 Years Oldd!

I Havee a Sister Who is 8 Andd a Baby Brother On The Wayy,, x

i Am Movingg To Perthh Aswell! andd in Januaryy, i Dont No what Date though Yett,

I Dont No Most of The Answers To Your Questions Sorry :)

But im Very Sure there Are Clubs and Stuff Over Theree!

Andd Wee are Leavingg Sum Of ourr Thingss (Toys) (Furniture) behind Aswell.

Wee are Going too doo a CarBoot i Thinkk Becausee when u Movee it Costs Money To Takee Things i Think!!

Im Sure You Will Makee Loads Of Friendss in Australia Because You Sound a Veryy Nice Girl :)

Please Write Backk

Byeee,,

Andd Good Luckk

Georgia,,, xx

• 1 month later...
Guest chloeH052

Hii Effie, Have you every been to RedCliffe? My family are moving there at the end of the school year and i carnt wait. I have lived in australia befor i lived in Perth it is a lovely place me and my brother an sisters and mum are australian but my dad isnt so he has to get a visa i am really scared about starting a new school because i have never been good at that it took all of our things 2-3 weeks shiping over and we had to live in holiday home untill it got there.

Can you get a job when you are 14 over there?

Is it easy to make friends?

Would i be able to get straight into clubs over there?

Do they do things like Trampolining because that is all i am into really.

I am goin to be 14 when i get there and my mum said that i could get like a weekend job to keep m busy because i get bored really easily but i am into hairdressing and i am not sure that it is goin to be the same as the UK.

Please reply.

Chloe :)

Archived