Hi from Bulgaria

Guest trogg

Hi to everyone,

What's it like then?

Me and OH have been in Bulgaria for the last three and a half yrs and it's now time for the next move.

We were thinking about NZ but after a bit more research, like the sound of Adelaide more.

It's going to take a bit of time as I'm qualified as a nurse and need to return to the UK to bring myself up to date, so it's going to be at least a year before we'll get there.

We're just starting to research, but I think in view of my age (44yrs) it's going to have to be through the RSMS route as if we got it right, doesn't seem to have an age restriction on it.

I may have missed it but I can't seem to find any detailed info on sponsorship, either in the forum or elsewhere. Any pointers or links to sponsorship info would be greatly appreciated. I've looked through the nursing specific forum but it's huge.

That's it for now.

I have to say to you of those who've got there, your at the right end of the world.......winter is moving in

Trogg

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi and welcome to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

If you haven't lodged your visa application by the day before your 45th birthday application then you are slightly more restricted but still, as you're a nurse, there would be no problem in you emigrating to Australia...!

You can go to Adelaide on the RSMS visa or find a hospital willing to sponsor you and go on a 457 visa or ENS 121 visa...!

Lots of Luck with your plans and I hope that helps...!!!

Dan xx :emoticon-signxmas:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this,

"You can go to Adelaide on the RSMS visa or find a hospital willing to sponsor you and go on a 457 visa or ENS 121 visa...!"

So far the RSMS sounds best, but need to look into other options a bit more. (457 is temp visa, yes?).

Any pointers on where to look for a sponsor. In the on-line papers, health websites or is there somewhere specific?

Sorry for all the questions but we're eeeeeger! and must slow down...:v_SPIN:

Cheers Simon

Guest WARDStoOZ
Hi Dan,

Thanks for this,

"You can go to Adelaide on the RSMS visa or find a hospital willing to sponsor you and go on a 457 visa or ENS 121 visa...!"

So far the RSMS sounds best, but need to look into other options a bit more. (457 is temp visa, yes?).

Any pointers on where to look for a sponsor. In the on-line papers, health websites or is there somewhere specific?

Sorry for all the questions but we're eeeeeger! and must slow down...:v_SPIN:

Cheers Simon

Hi Simon! I'm glad to hear you're keen!

Yes the 457 visa is temporary but very popular with hospitals and it normally leads to the ENS 121 Permanent visa within a few months/years depending on the hospital/contract.

You could try:

www.ramsayhealth.com.au

The jobs are updated regularly so keep looking. Ramsay offer sponsorship mainly on 457 visas but I know of a midwife who got permanent sponsorship immediately which is excellent if you can get it...!

And South Australia health would sponsor nurses I assume:

SA Health :: Apply for Jobs

Regards and Lots of Luck!!!

Dan :-) :emoticon-signxmas:

Guest WARDStoOZ
This is fantastic Dan, thanks again,

Should keep me busy!

:eek:

It's a pleasure...!

I'm happy I could help...!!!

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived