LOCATION, LOCATION Help!

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone can help!

We are moving to melbourne on the 4th of january and we have just found out where i will be located for work.

I will be working in Scoresby so i was wondering if anyone new what the area is like and if its worth living there or if not do you recomend any areas close to scoresby.

We have 2 kids 4 and 7 so school location must be good.

If anyone could give us some helpfull info that would be great!:cutexmas:

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi There

Scoresby is an ideal location and home to the Caribbean Gardens Caribbean Rollerama & Caribbean Gardens and also the Knox shopping centre. Personally, I love Lysterfield, but some areas are very expensive. What are you actually wanting in a suburb, a small village, a town or a new estate? If your looking for a village life you have some of the most stunning villages around in the Dandenong Ranges Parks Victoria: Dandenong Ranges National Park page , take a look at Kallista, here is a picnic area where you can feed all the wild parrots Grants on Sherbrooke - Souvenirs and Licensed Cafe .

I also like Menzies Creek, Belgrave South and Upwey but they may be to much out in the sticks for you. You could also look at The Basin.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hiya have a word with Kate on here (moving2melbourne) she relocated lots of families to Melbourne .

Sarah x

Thanks Sarah:biggrinxmas:

Hi Jonathan

Just wanted to say that my partner works in Scoresby and we first lived in Kilsyth South and now we live in The Basin. It only takes him about 20 mins to work which is great.

There are alot of suburbs you can choose to live but it all depends on what you are looking for. You mentioned schools as being important, there are quite a few schools around but to be honest I know nothing about the education system out here and how it works.

Its the same the world over there are nice places and not so nice places to live.

Some places where you might want to look at are

Wantirna South

Ferntree Gully

Upper Ferntree Gully

Boronia

Baywater North

Croydon

Kilsyth

Kilsyth South

The Basin

These are all pretty much less than 30 minutes from Scoresby and I would say they are decent areas.

We have lived here since July 2006, so if there is anything esle I can help with please don't hesitate to ask.

Sara

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your info on scoresby.

We have been looking at Berwick or narre warren would anyone recomend these areas and roughly how long would it take to get to scoresby and to the closest beach.

We have also found that the house prices for renting are pretty reasonable in these two areas.

Cheers

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

I like Rowville out that way very nice homes there.

Its a way from the beach out there if you want to live nearer the beach you would need to live over on the bayside. Now we have the Eastlink its a very quick trip out to Scoresby from Frankston or Mount Eliza, Langwarrin, only problem is that you have to pay tolls on Eastlink.

You could also live the other way on Eastlink towards Ringwood very nice leafy area.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your info on scoresby.

We have been looking at Berwick or narre warren would anyone recomend these areas and roughly how long would it take to get to scoresby and to the closest beach.

We have also found that the house prices for renting are pretty reasonable in these two areas.

Cheers

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Hi There

Narre Warren North has a lot of expensive property most average around $650k but you can pick property up as cheap as $350k up to $1.9 million. It is a very exclusive area. Look at some of the properties; Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au

From Narre Warren North to Scoresby it would take you around 20 - 30 minutes and it is approx 16k away. To the CBD it is 43k

Narre Warren South has a lot of the newer estates which are your display type homes, they usually have their own shopping complex. However you have Fountain Gate Shopping Centre only 5km where you have all your large department stores, Fountain Gate is the 12th largest shopping centre in Australia, there is a cinema complex in there and just outside you have the Casey Arc Leisure Centre with wave swimming pool, fitness centre etc Casey Aquatic Centre - Home

Property in Narre Warren South starts at $250k for a 3 bed house with rentals starting from $270 per week. One of the most popular housing estates in Narre Warren South is Berwick Springs.

Narre Warren itself is a very old suburb with older style housing with property starting from $170k to buy or to rent you are looking at prices from $210 per week.

It is around 20km away from Scoresby and approx 40km away from

Personally I prefer the North and South Narre Warren.

There is a train station in Narre Warren on Webb Street which takes you in to the city.

Berwick, again is a lovely suburb and has grown tremendously over the last year to meet with the demand. One thing I like about Berwick is that there is a mixture of housing, you can go for an older style house with character, an acreage property with swimming pool and tennis courts, or one of the new display style homes on many of the new housing estates. Property prices range from $250k - $1.8mil . The average property is around $400k

With regards to rentals they range from $215 per week up to $600per week. The average price for a new home would be around $400 per week.

Berwick has it's own high street, with banks, pubs, cafes and a variety of shops and again Fountain Gate is only 5km away.

Berwick has some of the best schools in the area, these are: Haileybury College, with 2007 results being 100% pass their VCE's and 99% their VET, 79% go on to university.

You also have St Margarets girls school with 100% passing VCE and 93% passing VET, 94% going on to university. You also have Berwick Grammar School the boys only partner.

Berwick Secondary School is also a good school not as good as the last two but better than most other state schools, 88% VCE, 96% VET, 84% VCAL and 36% go on to uni.

You also have Beaconhills College their 2007 results were 99% VCE, 76% VET, 77% go on to uni.

Berwick has it's own train station. It is 45km away from the CBD and 23km from Scoresby. Have a look here for some further information on some of the suburbs. Moving to Melbourne: Where to Live Suburb Guide for Melbourne

The nearest beach from Berwick would probably be Tooradin a lovely little coastal town this is around 25 minutes away, you also have the Carrum beach at around 30 - 40 minutes drive (depends on which area of Berwick you live).

Again depending on where you choose to live in NW the beach could be anything from 20 minutes to 40 minutes away.

Hope this helps you a little

Kate:emoticon-signxmas:

Guest jonnyspunkyboy

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help and we really apprieciated your help Kate your posting has been very helpfull and it has made our mind up that we will choose Berwick.

We feel that the most important thing is the schools and like you said the shopping centre in narre warren is only 10mins os so away.

Once again thanks for all your replys.

Berwick Hear we come 4th Jan 2009.

Cheers

Jonathan Emma Anya Neve

Archived