Moving to Sydney soon

Guest alexjade

Guest alexjade

Hi,

My wife and I are moving to sydney on the 22nd Dec (landing xmas eve). We are initially based in North Sydeny for a month - work arranged digs etc, but following that we are to find our own place. Through the limited research we have carried out, we both like the look of Manly/Dee Why as those places seem to offer a lifestyle change and be commutable to CBD etc. My job is in neutral bay.

We would be grateful for any information on the following:

- Cost of commute to neutral bay and CBD?

- time of commute?

- Are those areas suitable for a married couple, late 20's with no children (currently).

Thanks in advance for any possible info.

Alex

Guest rebeccajames smith

Hi Alex,

My girlfriend & I moved over here from nottingham about 4 months ago and are slowly getting to know our way around.

A good website for travel info is 131500 Transport Infoline - Home. that will give you all your travel information. As far as i'm aware there are no rail lines towards manly or Dee Why from the city, A ferry from manly to the CBD will roughly take you 35minutes and the bus around 50 minutes. A bus from dee why to neautral bay is roughly 50 minutes (i think). I'm not sure about areas to live in north Sydney apart the ones you mentioned, but there are some gorgeous places and a month here will give you time to look around.

The cost of a weekly travel pass ranges from $35 - $50 allowing you to travel on all modes of transport to your hearts content.

A good travel map to look at is http://www.131500.com.au/pdf/northern_region_guide_map.pdf, that covers the areas that concern you. Having said that manly is a beautiful place to live and infact we are thinking about it ourselves.

We are based in the eastern suburbs which is equally as nice and if you are based anywhere between bondi junction and the CBD has great train/bus/ferry links, I have the choice of all three to get to and from work ranging between 10-15mins in time. Places to consider are Darling Point, Potts Point, Elizabeth Bay, Rose Bay, paddington however can be pricey.

Where ever you end up, you will have a fantastic time and i know we have never looked back.

I hope some of the above is useful.

James

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi there...!

I just wanted to welcome you to PomsinOz - it's a great site!!!

And of course wish you Lots of Luck for the move...!!!

Dan :emoticon-signxmas:

Archived