457 & 856 Visa

Guest Carolm

Hi

I am coming to Australia on a 457 visa and within the terms of this visa I have to work full time. I have been told that after 6-12 months I can apply for permanent residency under a 856 employer nominated sponsored visa which also states that the position I apply for has to be full time and available for 3 years. Does this mean I have to work full time for 3 years following getting the 856 visa or do I have to work full time forever??

Hi

I am coming to Australia on a 457 visa and within the terms of this visa I have to work full time. I have been told that after 6-12 months I can apply for permanent residency under a 856 employer nominated sponsored visa which also states that the position I apply for has to be full time and available for 3 years. Does this mean I have to work full time for 3 years following getting the 856 visa or do I have to work full time forever??

Your employer just has to state that there is 3 years full time work for you. Once your visa is granted there is nothing to stop your employer changing your hours if you are both agreeable.

Archived