Shipping costs?

Guest 5x4_inches

Guest 5x4_inches

Hi All,

We're moving to Perth on a 457 sponsored visa in early January and the process has been remarkably smooth up to now, and I have to say we cannot wait.

However, I've just received the quotations from two shipping companies who have quoted Aus $11,600 and Aus $9,600 for what we were informed would be half to two thirds of a container.

Does anyone with recent experience know if these are reasonable quotations?

Many thanks,

Pete & Lucia

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

We have been quoted £4k with all inclusive Marine insurance for a full container, by a reputable UK shipper. £3250 for half a container including insurance.

Mandy

Guest slipshot
Hi All,

We're moving to Perth on a 457 sponsored visa in early January and the process has been remarkably smooth up to now, and I have to say we cannot wait.

However, I've just received the quotations from two shipping companies who have quoted Aus $11,600 and Aus $9,600 for what we were informed would be half to two thirds of a container.

Does anyone with recent experience know if these are reasonable quotations?

Many thanks,

Pete & Lucia

How come the quotes are in AUD?

And presumably this is a 20ft sole use container rather than shared - if sole sue then about right. Normally 20ft sole use is about £3,000 - 3,500k and a 40ft sole use about £6-7,000.

Guest 5x4_inches

Thanks for the info guys!

The company who is sponsoring me is organising the shipping agent and paying some of the cost, hence the quote being in AUD and me being a bit vague about the details of what's being offered. I've asked to be forwarded the details but it'll be a few hours before they are out of bed and at work.

Many thanks, Pete

Guest 5x4_inches

Hi All,

Just thought I'd post the range of costs I've been quoted for future reference should anyone else need an answer to this question. For 19 cubic metres of stuff we were quoted for a 20 ft container by 4 companies: 2 quoted approx. £5500 and 2 quoted £4500. All quotes include marine insurance at around 2.8% of shipped value which added £1000 or therabouts to the cost.

1 of the companies will not ship part container loads above 15 cu metres, the others have all quoted around £3500 including insurance for part container. Estimated shipping times increase considerably with this option!

Hope this may be of help to someone!

Guest jogrant3232

seems expensive to me. we get our gear delivered here in Perth on weds, full container 3300 pounds so about $7500 ish that was Fox international.

Archived