Any room in your container heading to Perth??

Guest Michelle Moseley

Guest Michelle Moseley

Hello,

My name is Michelle, I emigrated to Perth WA in June this year. However, all my stuff is still stored at my parents' back in Warwickshire in the UK. I don't own an awful lot, no furniture or owt just mainly clothes, books cd's and personal possessions, 10 boxes weighing no more than 15kilos each probably. I am desperate to get it shipped out and wondered if anyone heading this way has any spare room in their container? Willing to contribute to cost etc. Look forward to hearing from anyone out there? ;-)

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Michelle

Have you tried Voovit? They are a UK based company that ship "small amounts". I read on Poms in Adelaide about a couple who shipped 4 boxes (provided and collected by Voovit) weighing around 10 kilos and it cost them A$550. that included the shipping, customs clearance etc. However, you do have to clear them through quarantine and customs yourself.

Just a thought, if nothing else turns up. We're headed for Adelaide so can't help I'm afraid.

Best of luck

Mandy

Guest bex&tal

Hi michelle, i'm bex and hoping to move to perth in feb-march time. I live in Leamington Spa in Warwickshire. The stuff that i'll be bringing won't fill half a container on it's own so would be interested in doing it together. Am getting quotes from different companies at the mo and once i know a definate date i'll p.m you, will probably be in the new year. Trying to weigh up the cost of shipping compared to the cost of buying new once i'm there!!! Hope all is going well for you in perth, can't wait to get there.

Bex.:smile:

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Bex

I have been doing the old "shall I or shant I ship" thing for ages now. In my opinion, after visiting Adelaide and pricing things up, it is far far cheaper to ship. Bit of a wait for the stuff and may have to buy bits and bobs to tide you over, but having reckoned it up millions of times, it's cheaper to ship!!!

Good Luck

Mandy

Guest Michelle Moseley

Hi Bex,

Thanks for the response, very interested in sharing a container. Like Mandy said it is far cheaper to ship, furniture over here just seems so expensive. We recently redecorated our living room and bought a new sofa, shelving and entertainment unit and it cost us a fortune! Even paint was expensive, Bunnings is nothing like B&Q and we ended up buying furniture from IKEA as it was cheapest??? Looking forward to hearing from you in the new year re quotes from removal companies. P.S I LOVE living here, the best decision I have ever made! If I could ship all my friends and family over in a container too I'd be a very happy bunny! Good luck. :-)

Archived