why?

Jackboots

a year ago i wrote a thread on here about living in limbo and it being our last xmas in blighty, well a year later were still here , we have our visa and were still living a limbo of sorts, went to buy our xmas presents for our daughter yesterday, not any thing spectacular as she is only 2 and i don;t really think she cares if its a big expensive toy , or a box filled with ballons , as long as were there and she is loved why shouldn't she?

this makes me realize she is a lucky girl that first and foremost is loved , as some are not out there..

im asking every day if we are doing the right thing in taking her away from her family as she is just at the age that she knows where granparents live etc, i know she will never see one of them again unless we come back for a holiday,( elderly).

we have a very comfy life and hopefully our health which is the main thing, 2 good jobs , soooo why am i at our age going to live the other side of the world , i say its for our daughters sake family time and outdoor lifestyle , i hope any way, there are lots of things that i dislike about this country of ours , and there are many i do like, thats another thread!

so what im wondering is with flights booked , family eager to see us over there, why? am i doubting this every day, is this normal??

i know we have to b'cause its life and its not a dress rehearsal, and its not like we can't come back is it? am i normal? or is this part of the stressfull journey down under? :unsure:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Sharon, sorry to hear that you're feeling this way... I'm sure it's all perfectly normal though and you will be thankful that you've done it once you're there...! Like you say, it's not as if you're being catapulted off to Mars never to return... you could always come back for a holiday or permanently...!

I'm sure you're doing the right thing but only you can decide...!

Good Luck!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

Guest annemarie and brian

HI SHARON,

I think its normal i do have from time to time wonder am i doing the right thing

and my hubby says of course and then i look at my girls and think i am look they are

so excited and cant wait,but its true if you dont like it you can come back.

so my thoughts are with you,as i am the same.

annemarie

Guest guest17301

Yes Sharon you are quite normal, you know everyone has doubts and it's all part and parcel of what we're doing. You answered your own question...life is not a dress rehearsal..please seize your chance while you can and remember you are in charge of your own destiny. If it doesn't work theres always a way back. I'm sure you will be feeling more positive soon. Big hugs xx

thanks guys , i know its mad feeling , but it doesn't help iv'e got an opperation on wed , and xmas on the way and bllllahhhh ,,, i think oz is my strike want to go so much but for some weird reason im just clocking up the negatives at the mo! ill have my smile back soon x

Guest WARDStoOZ
thanks guys , i know its mad feeling , but it doesn't help iv'e got an opperation on wed , and xmas on the way and bllllahhhh ,,, i think oz is my strike want to go so much but for some weird reason im just clocking up the negatives at the mo! ill have my smile back soon x

Hope the operation goes well... and can't wait until you've got the smile back...!!!

Regards,

Dan xx

Hi sharon,

I hope the op goes alright and i think put oz a side for a while and go and

get your self better then you will have your smile back and that positive

head will come back as well.

take care

annemarie

Hi Sharon sorry to hear you have mixed emotions at the moment, i suppose it is the build up of Christmas which is stressful in itself, and also the worry of an op.

I felt the same when we accepted the offer on our house thinking what and if, but then after a day or two on reflecting about the situation, i felt in control again.

I would just look forward to Christmas, my youngest is two and i can' t wait to get the Christmas tree up, just so i can see his face.

Keep your chin up and i hope you feel better about things

Tania X

hi tania, its strange isn't it the feeling hope the house sale is going well!!

well i had my gall bladder out on wed , so in bed feeling a bit sore and bloated , but.... my first thoughts were when i got up we will be in oz soon, so maybe i had to get the opp hurdle out of the way mentally i mean , im kind of getting excited again ! thanks for all the kind words..all

well i had my gall bladder out on wed , so in bed feeling a bit sore and bloated , but.... my first thoughts were when i got up we will be in oz soon, so maybe i had to get the opp hurdle out of the way mentally i mean , im kind of getting excited again ! thanks for all the kind words..all

HI SHARON,

Iam glad it all went well you relax get better before you know

it you shall be off to sunny oz.

annemarie:spinny:

Guest WARDStoOZ

So glad to hear you're getting excited again Sharon... that's the attitude!!!

Dan xx :hug:

Guest sunseekers

Hi Guys

We got an email from our agent out of the blue to say they are expecting our visa to be granted very shortly for us to please have our passports ready. This email has come like a bolt out of the blue. Tonight we have been looking at flights for the end of Dec and for the first time in 12 months of it being my life getting there it hit me and i feel like i dont want to go,i honestly have no idea where this feeling has sprung from or how to deal with it, iv not said anything to hubby as he is on cloud nine with his beers...dont know what to do x

Hi Sharon, our sale might have fell through, the guy who put an offer in on our house, has not got in touch with the estate agents, so we are guessing that he now no longer wants our property, so feel gutted, but going to get over Christmas, and then decide what to do

Tania X

Guest jewels1356

:cool:glad your op went well get well soon cuse you and your famiely got some living to do in oz were about you hopeing to go

julie

xx:rolleyes:

hi julie, thanks well were hoping to go to perth, first stop kalamunda area , but who knows where long term , we have to rent for a good couple of years as we rented our house here, where are you hoping , i get confused which is the sunshine coast? funny how you research your own bit!

Archived