Emerates

Guest lolajays

Guest lolajays

Hi all,

we are booking a rekki out to Melbourne and Perth in MAy cant wait :chatterbox:. We are flying with Emirates in cattle class unfortunately, we have to keep the costs down due to the emigrating costs etc. Has anyone flown with them???? Can someone post some positive feedback lol :twitcy:. I know its only the flight but im quite worried as this year we had a bit of a scary landing in Lanzarote and after having never been nervous before both me and OH are a little apprehensive!

Guest John Sydney

Emirates is a pretty good Airline Got TV in every seat back, food good, and seating is pretty good for cattleclass

Only trouble I had was I was climbing up the walls on the last flight DXB -Sydney non stop - just too long - I thought the pilot had gone to sleep at the wheel as we were well south of Perth before he turned for Sydney - But they were using the Winds to save gas - We landed on time flight was about 15 hours

Hope this helps

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Lolajays!

Unfortunately I'm yet to fly with Emirates but have flown with Singapore Airlines, Air NZ, Virgin Atlantic, Qantas, Air Canada etc. and would definately say that the long-haul flights feel safer than short-haul ones so don't worry!

Flying with Ryanair over to Ireland the plane rocks so much you could be sick but on long-haul flights I've never had a problem!

Hope that helps! :smile:

Regards,

Dan xx

Hi

Flew with Emirates in April to Perth- they were really good. Food was really nice, entertainment was amazing and crew were very friendly.

Join the Skywards club which is their reward club as it is really good- we done a return flight and now if we pay an extra £40 each we have enough points to travel Buisness class on our next trip which we have done for our travel in May!

Good Luck

Emma

x

Guest LX_RV86

We flew with Emirates this year during our reccie from Manchester to Perth via Dubai... couldn't say a word against them! Films were great, on the first flight, I was so comfortable that I didn't want to get off the plane! I'm also a nervous flyer, but found them fine! Perth from Dubai and Dubai from Perth dragged on a bit (12 hours for us!) But its a long flight!

Hi

Flew with Emirates in April to Perth- they were really good. Food was really nice, entertainment was amazing and crew were very friendly.

Join the Skywards club which is their reward club as it is really good- we done a return flight and now if we pay an extra £40 each we have enough points to travel Buisness class on our next trip which we have done for our travel in May!

Good Luck

Emma

x

That's brilliant!! Do you pay to join Skywards then? We're flying with them this Sat!

Lisa,x

Guest FocasFinance

Hi

We have travelled with Emirates and we have said we will never do it again! ha-ha

Qantas, Singapore i have also travelled with to Europe and never had any problems but Emirates was just shocking.

They also destroyed our luggage and refused to admit to it.

I hope your experience of travelling with Emirates is different from ours.

Good luck

Guest lolajays
Hi

We have travelled with Emirates and we have said we will never do it again! ha-ha

Qantas, Singapore i have also travelled with to Europe and never had any problems but Emirates was just shocking.

Good luck

Oh lol ! Thanks for that!

Guest lolajays

I have just registered with skywards, just wondering we are not booking our flights direct we are using an agent, can we still get points this way and if so how do we do it?

Hi Lisa

You will still get your points don't worry as i never book direct either!.

You will be sent a pack with your membership card, luggage tags and welcome book after you have made your initial journey, you can phone Emirates and they will tell you how many you have. You will need your membership number whenever you make an enquiry and you will get this by email- should be sent soon.

If you need any more info PM me anytime.

Emma

x

Hi

Good luck

Good grief...so do I!! We could have had 2wks all inclusive in the Carribean for what we've paid to sit on their plane for a few hours!!

x

Guest FocasFinance
Good grief...so do I!! We could have had 2wks all inclusive in the Carribean for what we've paid to sit on their plane for a few hours!!

x

Ha-Ha I know exactly what you mean, i had to sit in that plane from Brisbane to Singapore, then to Dubai, then to Greece... All up about 20 hours of hell...

When we arrived in Singapore they told us to leave the plane for a few hours and take a walk but not to take anything off the plane, so when we get to the doors at the gate, the guard says, if you dont have your stuff off the plane, we will have them removed for you and left in singapore... This was the start of a wonderful relationship with the airline. I will leave that one alone, as you can imagine what every passenger had to say to that, once on the plane we had only a bout 6 hours or so dubai, god it felt like a month but anyway> the food comes out, and once finished on a normal airline, the crew remove the plate within about 20-35mins.. well they left them with us for over two hours, so people started getting annoyed, once again the relationship grew even more, bringing us even closer to the airline. God i just can not go on about it, as i am starting to get flash backs of what went wrong. we bought liquor to have it taken off us on the ground, ha ha! I had a 6 month old with me at the time, and they wanted to open each formula that my wife packed, just incase we had something in it. luggage was destroyed, brand new luggage, though we could not prove the fact that they dragged it all the way from brisbane to dubai!

Ha Ha though we are still laughing about it now, and we now fly only Singapore airlines or Qantas.

i have to stop these long emails!

Saying that though John.....I suppose it can happen with most companies! The last time we went to Jamaica we ended up suing the holiday company and 99% of the problem with the hol was the HORRENDOUS flight! I won't go into all of the detail except to say what should have been a 9hr flight (direct) ended up a 17hr flight from Manchester(via Gatwick...3hr sat on tarmac...then via The Azores to refuel (4 hours out of the flight path to Jamaica and 3hrs sat on tarmac)...we had paid extra for DIRECT! The entertainment was all in Spanish..couldn't have drinks or loo whilst on tarmac...refused us blankets and pillows...rufused to serve alcohol because people had started to threaten the extremely rude staff...TEN HOURS before kids got a drink...ONE meal in 17hr....and then to top it all 5hrs before landing the staff said they were off duty and not to bother them...not even for water!!

And on the way back they stopped at Gatwick with no plane to go to Manchester and we had to hire 2 cars!

And believe me that isn't the HALF of it!

This will give you some indication....we sued..hol was almost £4000 for 4 people...we go almost £15,000 in compo!

So lets hope we don't have any trouble eh?? I'll have my solicitor on stand by! HAHAHA!!

Lisa,x

Guest FocasFinance
Saying that though John.....I suppose it can happen with most companies! The last time we went to Jamaica we ended up suing the holiday company and 99% of the problem with the hol was the HORRENDOUS flight! I won't go into all of the detail except to say what should have been a 9hr flight (direct) ended up a 17hr flight from Manchester(via Gatwick...3hr sat on tarmac...then via The Azores to refuel (4 hours out of the flight path to Jamaica and 3hrs sat on tarmac)...we had paid extra for DIRECT! The entertainment was all in Spanish..couldn't have drinks or loo whilst on tarmac...refused us blankets and pillows...rufused to serve alcohol because people had started to threaten the extremely rude staff...TEN HOURS before kids got a drink...ONE meal in 17hr....and then to top it all 5hrs before landing the staff said they were off duty and not to bother them...not even for water!!

And on the way back they stopped at Gatwick with no plane to go to Manchester and we had to hire 2 cars!

And believe me that isn't the HALF of it!

This will give you some indication....we sued..hol was almost £4000 for 4 people...we go almost £15,000 in compo!

So lets hope we don't have any trouble eh?? I'll have my solicitor on stand by! HAHAHA!!

Lisa,x

Hi Lisa,

Yes very true, we have travelled with several airlines and stayed all over the place and i jmust admit crap seems to find us, ha ha...

Yeah keep the solicitors on stand by ha ha.. next time i have issues with travel i am contacting your solicitors..

Archived