Vitassess help (going it alone)

Guest lolajays

Guest lolajays

Has anyone out there filled out the application forms themselves? If so can you please give me some advice. I am trying to save a few pennies here and thought if I could do this bit by myself and possible the visa applications I would save about £1800. So any help very greatfully recieved!

Oh Mark is looking at the July 09 assessement :sad:(too long in my books)! We are going on a rekki in May so I guess this is the sensible option!

Guest waynenicola

Hi guys, the forms arent to bad just double check it . I passed my vetassess (carpentry) and got my letter last friday(21/11/08) visa going off next few weeks. Going for a reccie to the sunshine coast in jan 09 and to also meet friends and family over there.

We are in somerset near shepton mallet at the mo.

Guest waynenicola

Hi again, i sent off certified copies(signed by a friend who is a JP) off my city & guilds, site safety certificates and evidence of work history(ie previous employers ). The Vetassess people are quite good at responding to any questions you have and the assessment was good but make sure you read up on Aussie terminology and any relevant regs for your trade because they expect you to approach it as though you were in Oz. All in all though not too tough if you are prepared. They will ask you many questions during the course but dont try and be too clever cos most of the time there is a simple answer !

Where are you thinking of moving too ?

cherz

wayne

Guest lolajays
Hi again, i sent off certified copies(signed by a friend who is a JP) off my city & guilds, site safety certificates and evidence of work history(ie previous employers ). The Vetassess people are quite good at responding to any questions you have and the assessment was good but make sure you read up on Aussie terminology and any relevant regs for your trade because they expect you to approach it as though you were in Oz. All in all though not too tough if you are prepared. They will ask you many questions during the course but dont try and be too clever cos most of the time there is a simple answer !

Where are you thinking of moving too ?

cherz

wayne

Hi, were doing a reckie visit in May hopefully to Melbourne and Perth and will decide after that! Those two areas need Marks trade which is why were looking there!

Guest lolajays
Hello

Yes we applied online and then posted all the photocopies of passports passport photo payslips work references cv trade certficates etc.

Does everything have to be verified??? If so by who?

Guest waynenicola

we were lucky to have our friend in the village who is a JP. Does anybody know for sure if there is a need for any licence to be a foreman, or a qualification ?.

I am emailing agencys with my CV to suss out what is about re permanant employment with a company or wether its best to be self employed ?

I hope to get a job building the new houses but will be open minded dependant on wages and traveling.

The wife is going to find employment when we are there, she has a good CV for being an administrator/PA/book keeper so we need to check out if she needs to apply for any licence or qualification ?

nice to talk

wayne

Guest lolajays

I think they want qualifications for most things! As soon as we mentioned City & Guilds they were very keen. Mark has done his site management diploma but that was of no interest to them whatso ever. Do you have years of experience as a foreman with proof etc?

Guest waynenicola

I have run my own carpentry/building firm for quite a few years so i hope that may help as i have to deal with all aspects of running a job, including dealing with difficult customers !!.

I will email and ask some companies and agencies and try to judge their reaction before i commit myself either way i think. I think that they are more interested in site safety and getting you on cheaper wages than the Aussie equivalent ?

Archived