Going out in Brisbane - whats it like?

Guest deborah76

Guest deborah76

Hi

whats it like going out in Brisbane? my life seems to centre around my stomach and i love eating out, going to markets, picnics and talking animately over bottles of vino. Despite living in London, its hard to get my vegetarian hubby out as theres not much choice if you dislike goats cheese and mushrooms. Does Brisbane take vegetarians more seriously? I also hear that people dont really go out much during the week is that true? and its more of a coffee/cafe culture than eating out thing? what do you think?

Deborah

Guest JoanneHattersley

Most places that we have eaten at do veggie options! Some of them look better than the normal menu!

Personally I have eaten many more vegs myself since being here as they are better tasting and much fresher!

There is a coffee/cafe lifestyle here, its quite big. There are not pubs on every corner like you have in the UK. We have "taverns" here and hotels rather than pubs!

I have been here almost 4 years and I aint complaining! LOL!

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Debbie! I too am a vegetarian and I met a woman when I was in New Zealand and she was a vegan and she lived just north of Brisbane... she said that Queensland has many vegetarians and vegans and is well known for it so I'm sure there won't be a problem...!

Regards,

Dan xx

Archived