Why are you leaving UK

ottg

Hi

I am new to this forum; feels like an intruder so be nice. Being an expat South African now staying in Perth (Snoozzzzville) that stumbled across this website and very intrigued by some of the very interesting threads I have read here, I also have some burning questions.

Of all the number of South Africans emigrating from South Africa, the majority leave for the UK (especially young graduates), then Australia and then Canada.

a. What are the 3 main reasons why you have left the UK?

b. Why did you pick Australia?

c. Those in Perth, why Perth?

d. Do you intent to return to the UK and why?

Thanks

Guest Tricky C
Hi

I am new to this forum; feels like an intruder so be nice. Being an expat South African now staying in Perth (Snoozzzzville) that stumbled across this website and very intrigued by some of the very interesting threads I have read here, I also have some burning questions.

Of all the number of South Africans emigrating from South Africa, the majority leave for the UK (especially young graduates), then Australia and then Canada.

Thanks

Hi & welcome to the forum. Im new too. Been here a year but not used site much.

a. weather, high prices 'rip-off-britain'; & more opportunities for my kids here in OZ.

b. backpacked Oz for a year 10 years ago & loved it & decided then its where we'd like to raise our family.

c. In QLD. Mainly choose here as plenty to do on The sunshine Coast & The Gold Coast for us & the kids. Better weather etc...

d. I am homesick & would consider it but like many others on her my OH says NO WAY!! So we'll see. would'nt return at the moment anyway as too risky with the credit crunch. No guarantee of jobs, mortgage etc in the UK at the mo.

I would only be moving back as I miss my family. They all say Im mad to even consider it as much better outdoors lifestyle here for the kids, safer too. But at the end of the day 'Home is when the heart is'.

:yes:

Guest sunseekers

Hi Ottg

a) 1 - Im a Paramedic and what i have seen people do to one another here in Blackpool makes me want to take my children as far away as i possibly can ( ie Crime i suppose )

2 - God awful weather

3 - This country holds you back ...If your determined to make money, employ people and better yourself it just taxes taxes and taxes you again making it almost impossible to get anywhere .. This country favours the scroungers and i'm sick of paying for the dossers ( harsh but true )

b) We picked Oz because we back packed here and loved the outdoor lifestyle and freindly people both Australian and many other nationalities. The weather, Low violent crime rates and just beauty .

C) Not Perth but did enjoy our time there

D) I will never go back ( unless breifly for a wedding / funeral )

Guest JoanneHattersley

Will answer your questions later! Getting called as brekky ready! Just wanted to say welcome to PIO! Do NOT feel like an intruder!!!! We might be crazy but we are friendly too!

Guest JoanneHattersley

Adventure, change of lifestyle and to see the world!

Looked at pros and cons of several places and Oz ticked our boxes!

Not in Perth! In Brissie!

Never in a million years! I have the best lifestyle in the world. I see my husband so much more than I ever did before! We are building a new circle of friends. Plus my parents got here last month on a CPV and have a great place in Buderim.

Always go back to see people but NOT to live:biggrin:

Hiya welcome to poms ,,you wont feel like an outsider for long on here we are a friendly bunch!!

We left the Uk for

A change of lifestyle

A slower pace of life

Better enviroment for my children to grow up in

We had actually partly moved to Spain but then upsticks here,

easy to grasp the language(yes its still english but is also different)

warmer climate

Like Jo im in Brisbane too, i cant compare as i havnt been to Perth although hubby hasand said we would be better suited here.

Right now i cant see us moving back to the UK, i would love to visit and see what i left but really cant ever see us moving back there.

Cal x

Archived