Taking TV's to OZ

ozzy81uk

Hi Everyone,

We are currently waiting for our visa to get processed (stil says processing comenced), and we need to arrange our shipping. As we live in a furnished flat, we do not have our own furniture, therefore dont have that much to take with us. What we do want to take with us will fit in boxes and it works out cheaper to send a box (120 x 60 x 60cm upto 20kg) with DHL for around 95 quid. Thats from Germany at least where I am now.

I would like to take my TV as I can post that too for the same price. Problem is I heard that some tv's dont work properly in oz. Apparently some will recieve picture but no sound or vice versa i cant remember. If this is the case you can get a conversion done for $100.

I would like to know what the exact problem is. Is it just for recieving analogue signals? is it just the older tv's?

I have a Samsung LCD HD Ready TV which I bought about 2 years ago. Will this work in oz?

It would be cheaper to send it to oz rather than buy a new one but if it needs a conversion doing on it i would rather sell it and do without for a while and put the money towards a new one!

Can anyone help me and tell me if my TV will work or not? or if there is anyone I can contact to tell me this?

Any help appreciated :wink:

Danny

Guest John Sydney

There is a problem with the older Systems to do with the sound. With a newer TV's it should be adjustable something to do with the Pal system used - There was a tread on this about 3 months ago which explained it fully hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
Guest slipshot
Hi Everyone,

We are currently waiting for our visa to get processed (stil says processing comenced), and we need to arrange our shipping. As we live in a furnished flat, we do not have our own furniture, therefore dont have that much to take with us. What we do want to take with us will fit in boxes and it works out cheaper to send a box (120 x 60 x 60cm upto 20kg) with DHL for around 95 quid. Thats from Germany at least where I am now.

I would like to take my TV as I can post that too for the same price. Problem is I heard that some tv's dont work properly in oz. Apparently some will recieve picture but no sound or vice versa i cant remember. If this is the case you can get a conversion done for $100.

I would like to know what the exact problem is. Is it just for recieving analogue signals? is it just the older tv's?

I have a Samsung LCD HD Ready TV which I bought about 2 years ago. Will this work in oz?

It would be cheaper to send it to oz rather than buy a new one but if it needs a conversion doing on it i would rather sell it and do without for a while and put the money towards a new one!

Can anyone help me and tell me if my TV will work or not? or if there is anyone I can contact to tell me this?

Any help appreciated :wink:

Danny

TV will work fine - if it has the right tuner. Even if it does not, by using a different tuner (such as connecting a digital tuner, or VCR, or Foxtel), then the picture and sound will be fine. The actual TV is not the problem but the tuner within it, thus there is a solution. Basically, always take your TV with you...

Guest Working to fish
TV will work fine - if it has the right tuner. Even if it does not, by using a different tuner (such as connecting a digital tuner, or VCR, or Foxtel), then the picture and sound will be fine. The actual TV is not the problem but the tuner within it, thus there is a solution. Basically, always take your TV with you...

spot on

eddie

:yes:

Archived