mince pies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waynecaz

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Last xmas at work the boss brought in a plate full off mince pies the day before we broke up, this one fat pig had eaten about 5 before anyone could get close, so one of the blokes took one and filled it with about 10 dead large flies that are always lying about in the warehouse, he placed it back giving us a wink and the fat porker snatched it and downed it in two bites.:biglaugh:

Will the same happen this year then?

Guest spottymercedes
Sorry to break it to you, you'll be very disappointed by Aussie mince pies from the shops - they're not at all very nice... :arghh:

I had a feeling that they would not be nice!!!:laugh: I'll get some anyway to try, just to say I've tried them.

Guest spottymercedes
hi marie, please could you try some of the aussie mince pies,

so you can let all us mince pie addicts if they are the same.

is it your first christmas in oz ? cheers carolyn

Hello Carolyn,

I have now tried the pies and they were ok. Nothing like uk ones, they were like fruit pies, none of the spices were in them. I bought some Safeway/Woolworths ones from the instore bakery. They were edible and maybe if others in our house liked them I would try some of the other brands, but as it is no-one will even try one. They did have some Mr Kipling ones on the shelf which may have been better, but someone else here in Oz should try them. I am supposed to be on a diet. I put on weight since arriving in Oz in May and have just lost 5lbs so don't want to try any more!!!:tongue:

Archived