Which State??

Guest buffy

We need to find out roughly were in Australia we would want to settle. Of course this also depends on the job prospects for my OH!

So.. which state is best for Metal Manufacturing? Please help!! :)

Hiya not sure on this one ,maybe if you check the job sites out and see which state has most vacancies ,,try http://www.alljobs.com.au this site allows to search by state or all states etc ,,we are in Brisbnae and there is so much developing and building happening everywere as the population is growing so quickly ,,(mainly with poms from what ive seen ) most trades are in demand,hope this helps a bit ,,good luck

Cal x

So.. which state is best for Metal Manufacturing? Please help!! :)

Simple question but not so simple to answer.

All states have metal manufacturing usually centred around the metro areas. A lot depends on which type of MM you're interested in. My advice (for what its worth) is pick a place to live then research jobs using seek.com.au to track the job trends. It's always easier to find work in the metro areas.

Manufacturing is on the decline - we can't compete with China much the same as UK competing with Eastern Europe. The last three businesses I worked for imported most of their goods having only a relatively small local manufacturing facility. Having said that the decline will slow eventually as I suspect there will always be a small local requirement.

One area of growth is mining - China needs coal, gas, iron ore & minerals to power its ecomic growth.

Archived