bridging visa re: fiance visa?

Guest bigbrowndog

Guest bigbrowndog

Hi all,

Can any one give me some info on what i think is termed a bridging visa when applying for a prospective marriage visa. I have heard of cases where some ones fiance can stay with them (in Australia) whilst their application is processed and was wondering what the ins and outs of it were. Grateful for any info. Thanks.

Hi

I applied for an onshore spouse visa & i had to put my application in before my 3 months visitor visa expired, then at that stage i was not allowed to leave oz untill a decision had been made regarding my temp spouse visa, i never went onto a bridging visa. Temp spouse visa was granted 15 days after my original application.

Hope this is of help

stuju

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello bigbrowndog

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You are getting a bit muddled, my friend. The Prospective Marriage Visa is an offshore visa and the visa applicant must be outside Australia when the visa is applied for and when it is granted:

Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300)

The possibility of a Bridging Visa therefore does not arise. It would not be possible to get one.

If your girlfriend is already in Oz, you would have to apply for a Spouse/Partner visa instead:

Spouse Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)

As Stuju says, they are processed very quickly so a Bridging Visa might not be needed. If it is needed then the details are here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1024i.pdf

Where is your girlfriend at present?

Best wishes

Gill

Archived