Savage Koala!

Guest Guest9973

Guest Guest9973

I had rather an interesting meeting with a young Koala the other day.

Mrs Tyke had said she had heard some commotion by the wood shed.

I went up to investigate and there was a young Koala sat in one of our olive trees looking sleepy but covered in cobwebs and looking generally dishevelled.

Apart from that he seemed quite happy so I left him while I was doing some weeding inthe veggie patch.

A few minutes later he decided to come down and go into the woodshed where he proceeded to clamber about over everything.

I went in carefully to try and shoo him out and back onto the gum trees.Boy he did not like being cornered and took a run at me with a warning grunt!err.gif

I've not moved so quick in a while but was giggling to myself at running away from something so cuddly - but if you look at his claws (and I saw his teeth) you would not want a swipe.

Eventually he came out -I was standing well away.He was then confused by the wire fencing around the veggie patch.I tried to steer him away,he chased me again - but saw his route to the gum trees and was off.He sat up there until dark munching so I guess he is OK.wink.gif

Some pics of him from my phone.....

AAAwwwwww, soooo cute!! My kids would love to have a koala in our garden!!!

Know what you mean about claws. We were lucky enough to hold and cuddle one at Australia Zoo, but it's claws really dug into our shoulders. Poor OH had a real bad sunburn and he was in agony (serves him right :biglaugh: for not putting on suncream that day!!!).

What a lovely read made me laugh so much !!:biglaugh:

I remember New Year Eve at a party in Adelaide and they had a Koala in their tree - how cute made my new year eve special :spinny:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Tyke

I know what you mean about their claws. No nonsense long and sharp when you take a close look!

The one in your pix is a little beauty, though. He looks in tip-top condition.

Is he still around or has he gone off to be a koala elsewhere?

Cheers

Gill

Guest TheArmChairDetective

good read and a good job there tyke.

There not as cuddly and friendly as you think when they want to give you a smack I reckon.

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest9973

Oooh ,I'm used to it here - I think everything and it's Mum wants to bite or hurt me.

Waiting for a Dolphin to jump into the boat and give me a doing!!

Had King George Whiting bitch slap me the other weeks as I was proudly inspecting my catch.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest sexkit001

bless, my other lot run away from our rabbit at the mo, they will probably run up a tree if the koala came towards them..xx

Guest michelle in Havant

I am still chuckling as I am writing this!!! The koala looks sooooooo cute! I had heard they can be quite aggressive so I think when I finally arrive I will just admire them from afar!!!!

michelle x

Guest Guest9973

Not long after this I heard of a fellow Pom coming out of a pub and seeing a Koala trying to scurry up a tree but having a little trouble..

In drunken kindness he decided to give the little fella gentle,helping shove - no chance!!

Apparently the guy ran faster than me:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Not long after this I heard of a fellow Pom coming out of a pub and seeing a Koala trying to scurry up a tree but having a little trouble..

In drunken kindness he decided to give the little fella gentle,helping shove - no chance!!

Apparently the guy ran faster than me

Bet he couldn't run faster than I could???18_3_110.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=undefined

Archived