Maroochydore anyone?

Guest The Clares

Guest The Clares

Hello everyone!

Im Stu a carpenter(36) my wife Deb(35) and 2 kids Isabelle(3 1/2) and Phoebe(7mths). We have been granted our visas and our release date from England is 2/6/09!!! We are hoping to be in Brisbane by April/May 09 if not sooner! Can anyone advise is Maroochydore a good place to bring a family up i.e. Good prospects for my trade, expected salary, schools (this is Isabelles first), suburbs, etc.

We are open to suggestions as to where to live and are hopeful of some good advise. Thanks for reading

Stu

Also if anyone knows of anyone needing a very well experienced Carpenter please forward my email address:- stuc@fsmail.net

Thanks again

Guest The Clares

hello

when are you planning on getting to oz?

have you got work?

we cant wait to get there and get on with living the outdoor lifestyle

stu

Guest cornishpeeps

Hi,

In my experince of the area, Maroochydore is the least nice of the sunshine coast towns to actually live in but there are plenty of lovely places around there and travelling distance from caloundra to noosa is about 45mins on a good run so there are plenty of places to choose on the sunshine coast. I notice that you are a carpenter by trade, just to warn that no matter how much you prove your qualifications to the Australian government before you get out here in order to get your visa, your english qualifications will probably count for nothing once you are here until you go to Tafe (like a 6th for college) to retrain and get Australian certificates for your trade. this can take quite a lot of time and money. I am not trying to put you off, but I have met several english tradies since I have arrived here that are struggling to even get jobs working as an unskilled labourer. Each state has its own rules and they do not take into consideration the skills assessment that you will have received in order to get your visa. This comes as quite a shock to some people. Again, not trying to put you off, but it is worth doing some research or trying to find an employer before you get out here so you are going into it with your eyes open. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your time here!

Archived