sponsoring family?

Guest samlee

Guest samlee

I am just awaiting for a final decision on my visa BN 136 skilled independant.

I am going with my husband but we have no other family in OZ so it will be a real challenge! I know it will be fine when we get there but it will be hard to leave.

Any way I was wondering whether you can sponsor family members to come over if so what are the rules?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

i have the same dilema, i'v been living in oz now for three years and my parents are not getting any younger, my father's previously had a heart attack, 18 years ago, how can i just get them over here to live out the rest of their lives in harmony, it just doesn't seem fair, anyone got any ideas? it's been three years for me living in oz, with no family, i still miss family so much and wish i could get them all over here,but it's all made so hard, how the hell do the asians do it so easily? do they know something we don't know???

Guest bob and ginnie

South Australia has a deal with the Australian gov't to double its migrant intake.

Visa requirements include sponsoring relatives with skills needed in South Australia. The points system isn't relevant in this case and the relatives back home just have to pass the basic immigration requirements.

You have to be permanently resident and have lived in South Australia for at least one year to be able to sponsor relatives back home.

Also, on a national level, there is the "Family Re-Union Scheme" which brings the last remaining relative back home out to Australia, so mum and dad can come in on that scheme if all the kids back home have left the U.K. and gone elsewhere to live.

Archived