Sign in to follow this  
Guest samlee

sponsoring family?

Guest samlee

I am just awaiting for a final decision on my visa BN 136 skilled independant.

I am going with my husband but we have no other family in OZ so it will be a real challenge! I know it will be fine when we get there but it will be hard to leave.

Any way I was wondering whether you can sponsor family members to come over if so what are the rules?

Thanks in advance

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest howsie

i have the same dilema, i'v been living in oz now for three years and my parents are not getting any younger, my father's previously had a heart attack, 18 years ago, how can i just get them over here to live out the rest of their lives in harmony, it just doesn't seem fair, anyone got any ideas? it's been three years for me living in oz, with no family, i still miss family so much and wish i could get them all over here,but it's all made so hard, how the hell do the asians do it so easily? do they know something we don't know???

Guest bob and ginnie

South Australia has a deal with the Australian gov't to double its migrant intake.

Visa requirements include sponsoring relatives with skills needed in South Australia. The points system isn't relevant in this case and the relatives back home just have to pass the basic immigration requirements.

You have to be permanently resident and have lived in South Australia for at least one year to be able to sponsor relatives back home.

Also, on a national level, there is the "Family Re-Union Scheme" which brings the last remaining relative back home out to Australia, so mum and dad can come in on that scheme if all the kids back home have left the U.K. and gone elsewhere to live.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Millie
        I've recently returned home after my working holiday visa but would like to go back at some point. My partner is a permanent resident and I would like to live out there with him for up to 12 months. I've looked into the visitor visa but it looks like a lot of people get declined so I'm not feeling to confident about it. What visa would be best for this?
      • By Jongdemdoomdoom
        Hi,
        me and my sister are both over 18, and are dependent in a de facto(temporary) visa application for our mom and her partner. We stated that we are still studying as to why we are dependents even if we're over 18.  We lodged the application last Dec 2016 and we're still waiting for the approval til now. We're currently in a tourist visa in australia. 

My first question is: how likely is it that our visa will get approved? We've been waiting for 6 months now, and we havent heard from them yet.

this end month, our tourist visa will expire and i am planning on going back to our country but my sister and mom are planning on extending for another 3 months. 
        My next question is: is me going back to our country alone and separated from my mom and sister will affect the decision of the embassy to our application?

please help. Thank you!
      • By geex3
        Hi,
        I am moving to Melbourne in June 2017 with my husband and two children (7 & 4).  My husband will be working in Bundoora.  We have been looking into living within areas approx. 20 km from his work place...Eltham, Templestowe, Research, Diamond Creek etc...
        I am hoping for some local knowledge and recommendation of the local schools (they all look good online).  We are moving from a small east coast village in Scotland and from a primary school with approx 100 pupils, therefore a smaller school would be desirable.
        Any local knowledge on the different suburbs would be greatly received.  Thanks.
      • By slashoholic
        Would appreciate any kind of possible help folks...have entered a migration pathway dilemma   
        I am an international student from India and am currently pursuing a 2 year MBA course in Australia. My MBA course commenced in Feb 2017. The sole purpose of my coming to Australia, as many others, is to obtain a PR in Australia. Need help with the best possible route and options for me and my partner.
        Following are my circumstances which would give you a better understanding of my case :
        About ME (Currently residing in Australia)
        Male, 32 yrs
        DOB – Nov, 1984
        Marital status – Unmarried
        Sister is an Australian citizen since 7 years, residing in Sunbury, Melbourne – 3429
        Have completed a 3 year “Bachelor of Science” degree from India
        Have 9 years of work experience in Human Resources
        No professional Human Resource degree like MBA
        Currently pursuing a “2 year MBA course with specialization in IT” from a university in Melbourne

About my PARTNER (Currently residing in India)
        Female, 24 yrs
        DOB – Dec, 1992
        Marital status – Unmarried
        Currently residing in India
        4 year “Bachelor of Technology” degree (Electronics & Communication) from India
        1 year “Bachelor of Education” degree from India
        Total of 1 year of teaching experience in 2 different schools in India
        No engineering based work experience
      • By TopTohScnal
        I've been reading through a few of the threads on here there seems to be a running theme that people feel homesick and miss their family as they're so far away. My situation is slightly different in that my only remaining close relatives, my brother and sister (both younger than me) live in Australia (both parents are deceased now). I moved here 4 months ago as I'd been out on long holidays to visit and they were encouraging me to come over and live here too. Before I hit 40, I thought 'why not', I'll give it a go, so I applied for my skilled visa, it took a few months and I even managed to secure a job offer before I came out.
        I did the move on my own, with no partner or kids. After the initial Christmas with family and seeing my nephew for only the second time, then some traveling on the east coast and visiting Perth, I'm now in a situation thinking 'what the hell have I done!' Despite my job offer starting mid January, I still had to wait to be registered with AHPRA to practice here, this was a long, laborious, tedious, time consuming wait, which they state on the application should take 6-8 weeks, it did in fact take 5 months! So while waiting for this, the initial adventure and new start then turned into savings very quickly disappearing, money for deposits for a house eaten into just to survive the wait to start work. I came here fresh and ready for a new challenge but now I just feel drained of the whole thing, barely able to afford food to last me before my first payment and I'm staying in dorm accommodation at a backpackers as it's all I can afford! I began to think the whole process is deliberately set up to rid you of your money, just utter bureaucratic nonsense that could easily have been dealt with in a coupe of weeks, but just so much red tape and hurdles to jump through!! I have never experienced such a backwards system! I can understand the security aspect but to take 5 months! 
        I left a great lifestyle back home, friends for support, not worrying too much about money, and I feel now like I've lost so much. I'm stuck, I now have my registration to work but I'm not even sure I want to... I just feel like flying back home, I've tried it but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm usually a very positive person that can pick myself up again but this has been so stressful, I'm not sure it's worth it. I am torn as my siblings are here but I don't think that's a strong enough pull for me to stay here. I am probably in the stage of being homesick which I'm surprised at how bad it's hit me to be honest but having not much else to focus on, it's quite overwhelming. Having read some comments on here, I miss the English countryside, a walk to a local pub, the seasons. It's all very same-y here and where my sister lived in Perth was suburban hell, totally snoozeville! Even the bush walks were dull, dried out, brown dense trees, no views at all! Give me the Lake District or Peak District any day.
        i just wanted to share my experience and to say the Australian dream as been shattered for me!