Container in Aus and I'm not

Guest thedooners

Guest thedooners

Hi everybody

need some advise my container arrives on the 3rd nov and I'm not arriving now until the end of Jan due to impending family bereavement.

Can anybody advise me what will happen at customs if I'm not there.:arghh: will my container just sit at the dockside until I arrive:sad:

thedooners

Guest John Sydney

Yes - I would get onto you Agent in Australia and see what they say. Leaving sit on the wharfs costs big $ per day - They maybe able to put it in a bonded warehouse for you or clear for you now and store it in a normal warehouse.

Guest jogrant3232

I thought we had it bad being here in an empty rental with container not due for another 3 weeks at least, your agent here in Oz will store until you get here.

Guest Redaussies

Hi Dooners,

We were in the same position as you, and what I did was speak to the movers we used, (Crown) who arranged all the customs and quarantine clearance and moved my container into their warehouse for storage. E-mailed the local office in UK who dealt with our move and they dealt with Brisbane office and all was fine.

The container took about 3 months to get here and another month to be cleared and i ended up only having to pay about 6 weeks strorage so all worked out well. Hope this is of some help to you.

REDDERS

would check out the demurrage costs for keeping the container on the dock if it were you, in the UK normally you get up to 14 days free rent, after that you will start to be charged also the cost increase by the day. ie first 5 days £30.00 per day then moves up.

Guest thedooners
would check out the demurrage costs for keeping the container on the dock if it were you, in the UK normally you get up to 14 days free rent, after that you will start to be charged also the cost increase by the day. ie first 5 days £30.00 per day then moves up.

Spoke to removal people in perth and they said a 1 of fee $265 and $26 per day in storage and just to phone them when i want my stuff delivered.

That'll do me

thedooners

Archived