Shipping

Roberts13

Hi,

I know this subject gets discussed alot and I have searched threads just hoping for some recent views on this.

We are leaving on Nov 24th and need to organise getting our stuff sent.

No furniture at all

We only are taking couple of boxes of Cd's /couple boxes DVD's /Pictures in frames/ Box of crockery/ box of glasswear/2 large boxes of photo's/ personal stuff in boxes. Wake board&boots/ bedding & towels. Boxes of books. So just the small personal stuff really and some of kids toys.

So the question is who can recommend who to go with for this. Not had any quotes yet.

Have seen an advertisement for Moneycorp ship 10 boxes from £299 ??? searched threads but not much to say about them.

Can Anyone recommend who to use

Thanksin advance

Guest mtcosby

Hi Gareth

We to are doing the same thing as you... just taking a few personal things.. ie... pictures/cd/dvd/books/a bit of kitchen wear..like 4 plates/cups/glasses/cutlery/ bedding/winter coats/boots etc and I've looked into shipping costs, the cheapest I've found is with PARCLEFORCE at the moment... and I'm still looking.... they quoted for 60kg which is about 3/4 medium sized boxes £370 which I thought wasn't that bad!!

The feeling I've got with shipping costs is that its expensive, and you have to think hard do you really want to pay out alot of money (I do as alot of the things I'm taking is sentimental value) and just because we are moving doesn't mean we have to get rid of our babies pictures/drawings/birth cards etc etc

One thing I did notice though is its cheaper to send everything together than say 1 box at a time, which is what we were going to do (as money is very tight), so I'm now trying to save up!!!!

Hope that helps a little

Tracey x

Thanks yeah, makes sense I never thought to look at parcel force.

I just posted my mum some items out that she forgot to put in her case and it weighed just short of 3.5 kg with parcel force was £64 to post - ouch for one box.

Thanks will look into how many boxes e may have.

How do you approach the packing side then though. Do they not have to be packed a certain way and itemised? to avoid customs stuff or somethign?

Thanks again

Guest mtcosby

we have bubble wraped everything, but I believe you have to fill out a form(for customs) when booking for your boxes to be shipped.

We have just enquired re prices at this moment, but when I rang them for advice they were very helpful. so I will just proberely ring them back and ask what I have to do nearer the time of shipping them over.... got to save up first!!!! ha ha ha

Tracey x

I think we'll be using boxes, but we haven't looked into companies or prices just yet (noticed in an Oz magazine some decent prices) as we're not that far ahead :(

Archived