Sponsored Visa

Guest lozzer

Hi

We do not qualify for a skilled visa, however, we have been told that if my husband gets a good job offer with a large company, then they will sponsor him & after 2 years he will get a permanant visa. This was told to us by 2 agencies. The job has to be a good one of a certain salary & he has to stay there 2 years but no qualifications are needed.

Can anyone clarify this or has anyone actually done this?

He is a Senior Manager in Pharmaceuticals - seems quite a few relevant vacancies on looking but would only do if it would lead to a perm visa!

Thanks

Hi Lozzer

Once we knew that we didnt get enough points to go over as a skilled worker I started looking into any way possible that would get us over there. Once I read about the possability of sponsorship we started to look into it. All I did was a Google search and came up with a few companies that offered sponsorship for the type of work that I do in the UK.

Once we found the company it was a case of sending them the resume and then waiting. That didnt take long.

The best way is to find a company that offers sponsorship already, that way they dont have to go and seek permission by the immigration board. If you also go onto http://www.google.com.au and do a search for jobs (in Oz only) and then see what comes up for your line of work. It will state on some job description that you need to be a resident, but some dont and thats where we started. We are going to apply for permanent residency at the soonest opportunity after getting there as the company who have sponsored me said they will help us through the process.

If you would like me to have a look for you, let me know and I will have a look and let you know if I find anything.

Cheers

Lynne

Hi

Thanks! Good to know that it may be possible. We are going on holiday on Thursday so my husband is going to prepare a proper CV then submit to lots of companies.

Did you get yours through a company direct or through an agency? Do you have any qualifications or just experience?

Think we ill struggle on what quals they will ask for just to get the job equivalant of what he does here.

Lozzer

We got ours through a company, the only qualification i have for the job is my NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care and i have 9 years experience, i have done the usual training courses through the job and got certificates etc but the certificates are out of date now but i still kept them and forwarded them to the company too, i have a nephem with ortism so that helped and experience working with disability. But to be honest the NVQ is the only one i have.

All you need to do is send a CV/Resume is what they call it in OZ and copies of any certificates you have and they will tell you if you have all the experience or qualifications they need, i had another company that wanted me too but already had a phone interview and got the job with this company i am going with. We are just awaiting on the visa which is due anyday now. Good luck and if you need any more info please dont hesitate to ask, if you prefer to PM me then no probs or post on here as i read these all the time so will reply the best i can.

Lynne

Archived