Possible Perth Resident!

Guest CarolineandGrant

Guest CarolineandGrant

Hi, we are now three weeks away from making the biggest decision of our lives (aside from having kids) so I thought I would try and pick someones brains about where to rent in Perth.

My husband is going through the application process for transferring to WA Police so after 6 months in the making we'll know on 28th Feb whether has the job or not.

We will need to rent property in or around Joondalup but having never been, we like many, need a bit of advice as to which areas to to be/avoid. We'd ideally like to be near the coast, not too expensive, close to amenities and somewhere child friendly as we have 2 small children. I heard Edgewater is nice from a previous posting, does anyone live there?

Thanks in advance

Caroline

Guest ARNOULD1

Hi Caroline

Joondalup is nice, there are lots of good suburbs around there. Probably the nicest are Iluka and mindarie, a bit more expensive though. Further up the coast is Quinns Rock, we used to live there and walked to the beach from our house everyday. Currambine and Kinross are good suburbs too. If you go into http://www.realestate.com.au you'll be able to search for houses in and around Joondalup. There is an excellent train service that goes from Clarkston to the city so most of the beach suburbs would be accessible. Further south of Joondalup there is Whitfords, Hillarys, Trigg, Kallaroo, Mullalo all good suburbs close enough to commute to Joondalup from. Hillarys has a fantastic kiddies beach, no surf....Would probably stay clear of Balga, West Minster, Nollamara, (sorry to anyone who lives there) The beach suburbs are more expensive than the suburbs a bit further in. On saying that most of the inward sprawl is still within 30 minutes drive of the beaches. Which by the way are wonderful. My advise is to take a short rental (3-6 months) to begin with and then drive around and find the place that fits you and your family. Good luck.

Guest CarolineandGrant

Great post thanks,

Currambine was on my list too because it didn't seem too expensive as was Quinns Rocks so its reasurring to know that these places are nice places to live.

Heard loads about Hillarys but most say it is a bit far out of our price range.

We will definitely be looking to rent for 6 months at least until Grant gets his posting but we would like not to have to keep on moving the kids about so maybe Northern suburbs of Perth would be for us.

Thanks again

Caroline

Archived