ielts information

jackster

hi everyone,

just sat the ielts exam, i havent sat an exam in 25 years, and i hope its 25 years before i sit the next one, LOL.

the class was mainly made up of foriegn students,i guess about 5 were english. the info i'd like to give to anybody who is thinking of taking the exam is as follows;

Revise and understand the format of the exam;

Practise spelling if needed;

Practise the writing test ( this really does help);

Be aware of punctuation and grammar(do not shorten words i:e does not, does'nt);

The listening test i found the hardest.

Be prepared to be treated like a 12 yr old

I havent got my results yet, don't think i did too well in the listening part, just hope i've scraped through.

any other questions just ask.

some good news though, passed the first part of the vetassess, booked my practical, thats on the 17th feb, " YEA", i'm doing the joinery assessment, has anybody done this? or can direct me to a thread.

cheers jack.

Guest angiebabe

Hi, hubby also did the ielts test and he said the listening was hard...not the actual understanding but the questions were based on studenty stuff.. that he didn't have a clue about so ended up guessing most of the answers..was 34 when he took it..and also said he was the only English person there....passed the speaking no prob with a 9 lol but for anyone who hasn't taken a test for a long time then practice practice practice..it wasnt as easy as he was expecting.

Thanks guys, I will be doing mine in a few weeks, not looking forward to it to say the least! Very grateful for the info.

All the best Jack - hope you passed.

Gail

Hi

My hubby also sat the ielts in Sheffield on Saturday,he said it was very stressful and not that easy,he had to rush through the writing and made it just in time to hand it in.He did not have time to check it before handing it in. We are also waiting for the results. One thing to keep in mind is to keep an eye on the time as 1 hr passes quicker than you think.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their results,my hubby is quite stressed and nervous at the moment.

Regards

Archived